Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 December 2012

It's going to be emotional!

20th December 2012
Choose to make the rest of your life, the best of your life!
 
It’s beginning to look at lot like Christmas! NOT!  It’s utter crazy chaos in my house, it’s never seen so many people in such a short time pass through it, add to that Terry’s painting all the walls in most rooms and the woodwork in the hall, stairs and landing and really you have a recipe for disaster, so far so good though.  Alfie has somehow managed to get around without getting any paint on him so far, that could all change this morning though as the staircase is quite tacky!
Hey Ho, one more day, 5 more meetings and then I can start thinking about my Christmas break and a very long four and a half hour drive to Pembrokeshire; we can leave my brother to it here ;-)
Yesterday was cause for more celebration in my meetings with another member getting her goal, fabulous to have so much success so close to Christmas.  I had the most amazing chocolate brownie made for me last night, and not only did it taste divine, and I’m talking the best damn brownie I’ve ever had, little crunchy on the outside and rich and smooth but with just the right density of squidgy – amazingly delicious and it even had glitter in it which made in a magic brownie, so I’m thinking as it was a gift and magic then surely it was zero ProPoints!  Oh how I wish I had baking skills to match those!
Now because I’m such a dedicated leader and I take my work very seriously, plus I wanted my members to see the damage you can do if you stop tracking for 3 weeks and just eat whatever’s going, not really paying attention to making the wisest choices from the menu.  Yes that’s what I have done since the beginning of December and just for your information I’ve gained almost half a stone, so please let that be a warning to you this Christmas, it’s all very well to let the reigns slacken a little but don’t get silly ridiculous or you may live to regret it!  I’m ok with my gain because if you recall I’d spent the 12 weeks prior to that losing some weight, so I’m now back to where I started maybe a couple of pounds heavier – it depends what the scales say today!  Although I think I may have pulled it back a little because honestly I actually get bored of the bad, I start to miss the green stuff and the healthy, the sluggish feeling isn’t pleasant and I’ve eaten more salad this week, still not tracked, finding a pen in my house this week wouldn’t have been easy let alone the kitchen scales!   It’ll all be worth it when the new carpet has been fitted and I’ve got a nice tidy-ish house apparently.
So today is going to be an emotional day, Kath my clerk at my Bloxwich meetings is leaving us to go and live in Spain in the New Year, she’s been a helper in Weight Watcher meetings for over 20 years!  She’s helped me for 8 of those and she’s been a fantastic help at that, I’ve never had to check her work she’s amazing and today I’m going to cry.  We’re having a bit of a party at the meeting, I’ve ordered cake and I’ll say no more just in case, but I’m sure she doesn’t read my blog.
Just in case you were wondering and a little bit curious, I reckon there was approximately 15pp in my magic brownie last night – ignorance isn’t bliss, it’s often the cause of a weight gain!  On this occasion though I’d take it on the chin and smile. 
Remember a healthy lifestyle and taking care of yourself isn’t about being 100% all of the time, it’s about enjoying what you’re eating, eating healthy because you want to take care of yourself and indulging in the occasional treat guilt free and smiling.   That thought pattern has helped me keep my weight steady for a good few years now, I’ll never be a size 20 again whilst I think and behave in that way!
Ho Ho Ho, it’s Christmas!

No comments: