Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 7 November 2012

"Without Wednesday" it's not what you'd expect!

7th November 2012
Worry is a misuse of the imagination.  Dan Zadra
 
Slept like a log, I don’t know what it is but I could’ve stayed there this morning, is it the cold mornings, the dark nights, I’m not sure but even Alfie cuddled up this morning as if to say let’s stay here.  Instead I went and made a brew and banged the heating on, starting to feel human already. 
Yesterday was ‘Treat Tuesday’ and mine involved chorizo and stilton on my macaroni/cauli cheese – now they are two of my favourite foods, obviously both high in ProPoints so not eaten too often and they added 10pp to the dish but hey I earned 8pp on my pedometer yesterday and I didn’t have my usual 6pp glass of wine so that’s a pretty fair exchange.
This got me thinking about those foods we’d put on our top ten list of foods and I was surprised that  some of my top ten foods I have gone without for a while even though I love them.  So today is “Without Wednesday” which if you haven’t already guessed is remembering a food you’ve gone without for a while and planning it into your day!  Another of mine would be black olives, so last night I made a Mediterranean type casserole in the oven which included a whole chicken skinned and quartered, 2 sticks celery, 3 carrots, 2 baby leeks, 2 green peppers, 1 jar Chicken Tonight low fat honey and mustard sauce, 1 can Batchelors low fat chicken soup and a can of water.  It took less than 20 minutes to throw in the oven and I left it on gas mark 2 from 4pm till I got home at 8pm and oh my word it was awesome, it just fell off the bones – nom nom nom.  I had about 8pp work of it with 4pp wild rice and that was truly a delicious way to end my day.
 
Top Ten Foods – ooo difficult one, actually one I need to think about so far (only this week obviously because my tastes change depending on my mood) I’ve got,
1.    Fried eggs (I could just write eggs but of all the different ways to cook an egg fried in proper oil with the crispy egg comes out on top!),
2.    Blue cheese (Again I suppose I could just write cheese but I feel the need to be specific),
3.    Black olives, (& I’m thrilled to realise a large can drained is only 5pp!)
4.    Chorizo, (Asda have got a spicy on at the moment for £2 – WOWSERS)
5.    Mashed Potato mmm, you can’t beat mash with a bit of spread melted on top & salt & pepper.
6.    Actually you can, you can top in with Melted Grilled Cheese – now that’s the best way to eat Cheddar, so yeah that would come in at number 6.
7.    I need to think about the last three carefully and come back to you!  I don’t want to rush these things.
Ooo I suppose a crusty white baguette could be one, or…. I need to stop it for a minute now because it’s making me want to go eat.  Oh it’s too late, I’ve thought of another one.
 
8.    Sainsbury cooked rotiserrie chicken, mmm now I just love one of those (when they’re cooked in the one particular oven – the other oven doesn’t do them quite so well), I eat the wings, the parsons nose and some of the skin as soon as I open the bag, then we all pick at the rest throughout the day. 
9.     Yeah I’m going to add crusty white bread here and I think that will be today’s lunch, Sainsbury’s cooked chicken with crusty bread – roll on lunchtime!  Mmm although I do have a chicken casserole cooked but I could save that for tomorrow, it’ll keep I only cooked it last night.
10. OOOOO what’s going to be number ten….
That one I’ll decide as I have a wander round Sasinbury’s I haven’t been there for weeks because of the Asda voucher promotion so I shall sadly because I’m weird look forward to a browse around my favourite supermarket, my second favourite place that I like to spend time at, the first being my home ;-)
On that note I better go take Alfie for an extra long walk this morning to earn a few extra ProPoints to help cover that crusty bread!
So what food have you gone without for a while that you really enjoy, join me in, “Without Wednesday”, let me know what you eat ;-)
OR alternatively you could opt for “Wicked Wednesday” and do this (it made me chuckle)
 
 
 
 

No comments: