Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 24 November 2012

What a load of Christmas balls!

24th November 2012
If it were not for the last minute, nothing would get done.
Yesterday was lots of fun, the first day for over 12 weeks that I didn’t track and point anything at all!  Breakfast was a bag of Walkers Crisps, then we went Christmas shopping up town, we were going to Birmingham but changed our minds, had cake for lunch and for tea we went to Penn Tandoori where I enjoyed a delicious saag and lamb balti dish which was to do for, and in it I dunked Keema Naan washed down with a pint of Cobra – divine! 
It was so good to catch up with the girls, we haven’t been out for a while so we enjoyed ourselves, and sometimes that’s just how it is and it was fab!
I have to say though, I can’t eat like I used to, I get fuller – faster and if I carry on my digestion system revolts and gives me pain.  I had my first experience of trapped wind last night in my chest and yes it does feel a bit like you’re about to have a heart attack!  We’ve laughed this morning about how as you get older (or as we do anyway) you start to think more about the after effects of doing something, i.e. “ooo pastry, I like it but it doesn’t like me”, I remember my mom saying that and me thinking ‘what?’ now I totally understand and have said it myself.  When asked if I want another drink, I weigh up how my head will feel in the morning before accepting where as ten years ago, I would have just said “of course I do!”  Oh how we grow ;-)
It’s not just with food neither, yesterday Lynne and I walked round the shops ooo’ing and aaah’ing over things in the shop, then following it up with, “I’ve managed without one for forty years, I don’t really need one”, or “we could make one of those, tape a photo”, or “yeah it nice but it’s not twenty pound nice!”  Oh dear I think we’ve finally started to grow up and you know what, I kind of like it, I walked round those shops and there was nothing I wanted, I used to feel like I needed everything years ago, whereas now I realise I already have everything I’ll ever need, I have the bestest group of friends anyone could ask for, the most amazing mom, a great family, the cutest dog and lots of love – what else do you need really, oh yeah my iphone ;-)
Seriously though, the rest is just STUFF and it’s not essential, as long as the bills are covered and we’re all well, I’m happy.
Today I shall mostly be doing a little bit of housework, and then I’m going to reminisce whilst making a paper ornament ball!  What I hear you cry, well when we were kids our nan used to make these vile balls from Christmas cards, they would be all over her living room, she’d recycle everyone’s old cards to make them and we would be sent home with a bag full to decorate our house!  I never liked them, always thought they were naff, but yesterday when I recalled them, it was with love and amusement.  My memory isn’t the best and I don’t really do sentimental stuff but that really made me go back in time.  So I googled them and found the instructions and I’ll be making my own version, here they are; http://jane.walkerillustration.com/web_paper_ball_ornaments.htm
But before that can commence, I really do need to do some housework, it’s starting to show lol, it’s a grey day out there this morning, so not looking forward to walking the dog etiher, but hey ho gotta be done, so I better go.
Whatever your plans, have fun and if you’re a bit skint and worrying about paying for Christmas this year, just try and think back to your childhood Christmas’s what are the best memories, for me it wasn’t the pressies, they were probably important at the time but I can only remember 4 gifts I was bought in the first 15 years of my life so I wouldn’t worry too much about that side of it.  The cardboard ball decorations though, now that’s a memory that’s really made me smile!
Today, take care of you AND yours!
 

No comments: