Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 10 November 2012

Technically the glass is always full!

10th November 2012
A river cuts through rock not because of its power but it's persistances!

 
Tired doesn’t even come close to how I feel this morning, we were at a training day yesterday and I drank so much coffee without thinking about the consequences, it meant come bedtime I couldn’t sleep and now I’ve been up for hours too, so I reckon I’ll be in bed by about 8 tonight at the very latest!  So today I’m not going to be drinking tea or coffee at all, I realised yesterday that I don’t drink anywhere near enough water which is really good for everything so today I plan to carry a bottle around with me all and drink from it regularly.  Therefore purely for selfish reasons I’m making today “Sip It Saturday”, obviously I mean water but even if you decide to make it alcohol, I would like you to sip not swig – let’s drink mindfully as well as eat mindfully.  By carrying a bottle of water round with me I’ll be constantly reminded to have a drink of water, I’m going to put a big bottle of water on my desk too which I’ll move to the side of my armchair in the evening.  I’d gone without my red wine all week then when I had one last night, I surprised myself by only really wanting one – see miracles do happen on a Friday night!
Today’s the day I’ve decided to get my portions back under control, daft as it sounds I believe drinking more water will help with that because a lot of the time we think we’re hungry when we’re actually thirsty.  Having said that I’m well aware that my portion sizes have creeped up purely out of greed, the weather has got colder which has made me want to eat different kinds of foods such as casseroles and it’s much too easy to put a larger portion than necessary on the plate.  So today I will be more aware of the portions that go on my plate, having said that, I’m not actually sure what I’m going to be eating, I today might need to do some meal planning too.  If I plan, then I can include more filling and healthy foods into my day which will make me feel fuller immediately thus making the downsizing of the meals much easier.
I noticed I’ve got a lot of tuna in my cupboard so I might try a tuna pasta bake today, and I will make it in individual pots so they’re portion controlled!  I’m going back to basics today, I feel the need for healthy eating, so I’m going to get out all my programme material and devour it later in front of the tv, I’m out till teatime, I was going to shop today but may leave it till tomorrow when I’ve had time to write a list, plus by the time I get to the supermarket it’ll be late afternoon, I’m tired now can you imagine how I’m going to feel then, super tired and hungry is not a good mix to go shopping on!  Yeah I will make a shopping list first so I’m prepared, plus the only other reason I was going today was because I wanted a cooked chicken and crusty bread and that  has passed now.  That’s the beauty of my to eat list, I write the meals on and then forget about them for ages, I’ve still not had a Chicken Chow Mein which has been on the list for two months so I obviously don’t want on that much, nor the faggots I bought a fortnight ago and are still in the freezer. 
We had lunch at the training yesterday which I have to say was pretty tasteless and bland except for the salad and cooked meat, so even though the weather is cold I think I realised I still like eating salad regardless of the temperature outside.  If I’ve got my central heating on, it makes no difference really does it.
I think I’ve also got seeded bread out of my system, I had a slice of toast yesterday morning and realised I’d wished it had just been proper bread, so I’ll be buying wholemeal this week I think or possibly granary.  Don’t I think about food a lot ;-)  What can I say I enjoy it, I love eating it, cooking it, buying it and there’s no cost financially or physically in the thinking of it so I likes that a lot.
Right I’m off to have a mug of hot water – I actually do like it, and if you haven’t tried it do so before you judge, obviously let it cool a little before you drink.  Ooo I might buy some fresh mint and have mint tea too mmm
Don’t forget, grab a bottle of water and sip all day. x

No comments: