Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 16 November 2012

In DA ZONE!

16th November 2012
The only habits you never conquer are the ones you put off doing something about. Wess Roberts
5am on a Friday – boo, two weeks running I’ve had to get up early on my day off, hey ho on the good side moms got a hospital appointment today they’ve bought it forward from next week so hopefully they’ll try and find out why she’s losing so much weight and suffering from anaemia.
Well to say I whooped at the scales yesterday would be an understatement, I weighed in at 10st 13lb for the first time since September 2011!  Just a little chuffed and goes to show what a few wine free nights can do, it’s all in preparation for Christmas and my week away so that I can overindulge without thinking about it.
Great week in the meetings, over 350lb weight loss, it was obvious we’d all realised it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and need to do something in anticipation!  I was proud of Becky who reached her goal last night too, it’s been lovely to be a part off her journey, she’s gone from a size 18 to 8 in sixteen months losing 4 ½ stone and also has gone from not being able to run 13 yards to running half marathons – amazing results!  Just shows if you put your mind to it anything is possible.
I’ve still got my ogre gagged and my screensaver on my phone and I am in the ZONE!  Haven’t had a glass of wine since Sunday and finished yesterday on 26, earning 6 activity ProPoints on my pedometer, I haven’t finished a day on 26 for a very long time, I always go over, I think I’d got it into my head that I couldn’t possibly be satisfied on 26!  But I was, I had a ready meal ‘Chicken Forestiere’ from Waitrose (part of a meal deal), with rice and steamed veg for lunch and beef stew with a dumpling (made by Diane on of my wonderful members) for my tea.  Both were delicious and proved to me that I can do it if I put my mind to it.
I’m going to make sure I have something substantial for breakfast this morning so that I’m not tempted by the rubbish that’s served at the hospital, although mom’s nil by mouth so I better make it something that won’t make her mouth water as that wouldn’t be fair!  She’s not looking forward to today, camera down her throat, so they are going to have to sedate her for sure!
It’s been great talking about the Filling & Healthy foods this week and the option of the Filling & Healthy days, I think a few of you may give it a go that haven’t before, and I’ll be interested to see the results.
Here are a couple of very simple F&H recipes that won’t got you any ProPoints on a F&H day;
Chicken sofrito - serves 2 (4pp each) 2 cloves garlic crushed. 400g can chopped tomatoes, 28g (1oz) lean cooked ham (1pp), cut into strips. ¼ level tsp salt. 85g/3oz green pepper, chopped & deseeded. 170ml/6fl oz chicken stock made with chicken Bovril.  85g/3oz chopped onion. 42g/1½oz mushrooms, sliced. 1 level tsp oregano. Pinch paprika pepper. 255g/9oz chicken breasts (6pp), skinned, boned & cut into ½” strips.
Place all ingredients, except the chicken, in a pan.  Mix well & cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add the chicken & continue to cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly & the sauce thickens.  Serve with a selection of no point vegetables.
Cottage loaf - serves 4 (4pp each) Preheat over to 190oC/375oF, Gas 5.  Place 450g (1lb) Extra lean minced beef (14pp), seasoning, pinch mixed herbs, 1 egg white, 1 small grated carrot, 1finely chopped  medium tomato & 1 finely chopped medium onion in a mixing bowl & blend well until combined.  Place a strip of foil on a baking sheet & place the mixture onto it.  Shape into a loaf or alternatively use a lined loaf tin.  Bake for 1 hour or until thoroughly cooked.  Serve hot, sliced, with a selection of free vegetables or cold with a salad.
Pork & turkey sausages or burgers - serves 8 (4pp each)
450g lean pork mince (17pp), 450g turkey mince (15pp), 2-3 garlic cloves, ½ level tsp black pepper, 2 level tsp paprika pepper, Pinch ground cloves.
Place all ingredients in a food processor & process until smooth.  Shape into sausages or burgers.  Dry fry slowly, grill or bake in oven at 200oC, 400oF, Gas 6 until thoroughly cooked.  Serve with red or green cabbage or a green salad.
Not forgetting the veggies;
Chick Pea curry – serves 1 (7pp)
In low fat cooking spray, fry a cinnamon stock, a bay leaf & a pinch of cumin seeds.  Add half a finely chopped onion and a crushed clove of garlic, half a small can of chopped tomatoes, and 2 teaspoons of curry paste.  Fry for 3 minutes, then add 3 tablespoons of cooked/canned chick peas (3pp), and a small potato (3pp), diced with 50 ml of water.  Simmer for 15 minutes until the potato is cooked.  Add a tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander leaves.  Serve with a small portion of boiled wholegrain rice and a large green side salad.
All easy peasy lemon squeezy as we used to say when we were kids!
On that note I better get off, busy busy busy today, but still going to remain on track.
Have a great day – make it all about taking care of YOU! xx
 
 
 

No comments: