Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 19 November 2012

#GreggAWallace - See I'm getting the hang of this Twitter lark! (I think!)

19th November 2012
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo Da Vinci
So Greg Wallace is the new face of Weight Watchers, I have to say I’m pleased, those that know me well, know he is one of my guilty pleasures!   I just love his passion for food, I relate to it and now it seems we have more in common - a passion for Weight Watchers.  I just love this line he was quoted to say;
People say to me, ‘Life’s too short to be on a diet’. I say to them “mate, life’s too short not to feel and look this good!
How true is that!  Since joining Weight Watchers, Gregg has lost over a stone in under eight weeks and he is now the lightest he has ever been in his adult life.
“People say to me, ‘Life’s too short to be on a diet’. I say to them “mate, life’s too short not to feel and look this good! There are no miracle cures out there. It’s all about a gradual change of lifestyle which helps you lose weight and keep it off for the long term.
Honestly I have never looked or felt this good. I have never had this much energy! I love the way I look now – I can’t get my face out of the mirror and I’m loving the attention I’m getting from the ladies! It only takes one person to say ‘wow’ and you’re hooked.
Give Weight Watchers a go. What have you got to lose (except a bit excess weight!?).
 
Well said Greg, it’s all about taking care of yourself isn’t it.  That’s what I focus on anyways. Poor Greg suddenly got an influx of Weight Watcher Leaders following him on twitter yesterday ;-) although I'm guessing he'll appreciate that because he is a bit of a tart himself (he doesn't just enjoy eating them!) I'm still trying to get my head round Twitter, I'm a facebook girl!
I had a fabulous nights sleep last night, I’ve always gone to bed early between 9 and 10pm, but the last few weeks because mom’s also tired, we’ve been going even earlier, I’m usually up between 4 and 5am whatever time I go to bed so that extra half hour we had last night was nice, 8.30pm in bed was lovely, I didn’t go straight to sleep but just lying, relaxing is nice.
You may realise it but sleep is important for weight loss success, losing weight while you sleep might sound like a dream come true but research has indicated that the amount of sleep you get affects your appetite and, consequently, your weight.
When you get a good night's sleep, at least 8 hours, your body produces the hormone leptin, which regulates your appetite. With enough leptin, you will feel full and satisfied after a meal. Adequate rest also regulates the hormone ghrelin, which increases appetite. Skimping on sleep reverses these positive effects, with a double whammy of less leptin and more ghrelin, so you feel less satisfied after eating and eat more food more often.
Insufficient slumber also leaves energy levels sagging, meaning you're more likely to skip doing any exercise and reach for a quick fix from sweet or starchy foods, or, worse, a beverage such as red bull or coke laden with high-fructose corn syrup. A study in 2004, found a 33 percent increase in cravings for calorie-dense foods with high carbohydrate contents after just one night of restricted sleep. These foods give you instant energy but cause a spike and dive in your blood glucose levels that sends you back to the snack machine for more junk food.
So if you needed an excuse for a few early nights there you have then, the National Sleep Foundation reports that fewer than 7 hours of sleep each night is associated with increased risk for obesity, diabetes and additional health problems in numerous clinical studies. However, logging more than 9 hours of sleep per night might not be good, either, but research has yet to prove that excessive sleep is a causative factor. With people's busy lifestyles, though, getting too much sleep usually isn't a problem.
If you want your weight lose to be helped by sleeping more, set a regular bedtime, and wind down by dimming lights, avoiding alcoholic beverages, turning off the television and avoiding controversial or emotional topics of conversation. A bedroom conducive to good sleep is quiet, dark and cool, with a comfortable bed mattress. White-noise machines or fans might help prevent interruptions of sleep.
So there you have it, I’ve definitely noticed I’m sleeping better since I’ve cut down on my wine intake, I only drank 3 days out of 7 last week, that’s progress and that’s two weeks in a row.  It’s definitely helping my weight, I’m under eleven stone for the first time since Sept 2011, so I shall continue to resist, although I didn’t struggle to resist at all last week.
Of course as well as sleep we all need energy, so if you’re a monthly pass holder there’s what looks like a delicious energy bar recipe on the Weight Watchers website to help you make it through those busy mornings!
 

No comments: