Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 3 November 2012

Got to love the simple things in life - I do!

3rd November 2012
Don’t sweat the small stuff… and it’s all small stuff.  Richard Carlson.
Had a lovely stress free day yesterday, did paperwork, took Alfie out, then cooked a roast beef dinner for 6 of us with the help of Aunt Bessie, although I have to say the bits I did were better than the bits she did, what I did like about her is she’s very quite gets on with it and doesn’t share my wine ;-)  Oh and beef dinners can be low in ProPoints and they can be high, I’m going to be honest here and confess I spent almost all my weeklies on my Roast Beef Dinner and it was worth every ProPoint, plus I didn’t eat again after that.
So visitors arrived lunchtime, Lynne’s hubby Ian did some gardening for mom and now all the front is so she can actually see the street again so she’s happy.  The kids were in much better moods this week and we had a lovely afternoon and when they’d gone me and mom had a very early night, think we went up at 8, ooo I do love an early night, means I’ve got lots of energy for my Saturday now.
Watched this yesterday which is very good;
It’s about how we shop, and I’ve talked about this a lot in meetings over the years, and this programme covers it really well.  A prime example of spending more than we should at the moment would be the £40 Asda offer, if you spend £40 and go online you get a £5 coupon to spend of your next £40.  Now of course you may have not planned on spending £40 to start with, but were talked up from £36 to £40 at the till like so many of my members have told me they were, then you will go back and spend £40 again to get the £5 off, which could mean you throw a couple of things in your trolley you wouldn’t normally.  I’m guilty of doing this offer at the moment but only because I have the time and energy to make it work for me, I spent my £40 only on stuff I was actually in need of and the next one I did the same, also with the price comparison I have had over an extra £5 in vouchers to spend because my shop would have been cheaper in Sainsbury’s and that is why I enjoy shopping in Sainsbury’s because it’s a good shop and it isn’t as expensive as you might think on the stuff I buy.  So when you have a spare 1/2hr watch this episode of Rip Off Food and learn something about yourself and your habits.
Today I’m making beef rissoles with the leftover beef because apparently Ian’s mom used to make them for him and he loves them, so I shall have a dabble, need to decide which recipe to follow though, work in progress.
Looks a bit dreary outside, but I’ll still take Alfie, get the winter coat on and brave it, always feel better when I get back from a good walk.  A busy morning followed by a chilled out afternoon, I have lots of reading I want to do at the moment and I can do that whilst spending time with mom, I actually think she enjoyed having visitors yesterday, although I’m sure she was glad they’re not here all the time too lol, I know I was, being a parent – not for me!
So parent or not, enjoy your weekend folks. xx
 

No comments: