Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 1 November 2012

Can't beat the smell of a casserole filling up the house!

1st November 2012
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word. If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought.  Lawrence G. Lovasik
What a lot of steps I did yesterday on my pedometer almost 27,000 which earned me 10 activity ProPoints yet I didn’t feel busy or rushed at all, had a couple of walks with Alfie, finally put my winter padded coat on because the winds were howling.  I managed not to get caught by that horrid rain that came later, had already walked dog and loaded/unloaded car, although it got me at the end of the evening as I was loading the car to come home.
I made two casseroles yesterday, one beef and one chicken, the chicken one smelt amazing when I got home and I can wait to eat it today!  The beef one was just a packet of Colmans Beef Casserole mix with beef, carrots and onions, the chicken one however was a bit of a concoction that really worked;
Chicken casserole
ProPoints® Value: 7, Servings: 8
8 individual Chicken, Thigh, Skinless & Boneless, Raw
1 serving(s) Colman's Chicken Casserole mix
1 medium Parsnip
2 medium Onion
1 medium Leek
1 portion(s) Pearl Barley, Dried (small)
88 g Rice, Brown, Dry
3 medium Carrots
5 cube(s) Oxo Chicken Cubes
Enough water to max the mix and oxos and cover the dish in the pan.
 
Again I was using up the leftovers, there was a leek and parsnip that would have gone off if left any longer and also the rice was the last bit in a jar.   The rice and the pearl really thickened it up; I just left it cooking in the oven on low all afternoon – delicious.
 
So no cooking for me today, it’s all ready for me, which means I can get all my work done because tomorrow I shall be cooking a roast beef dinner for 6 of us, it’ll be good practice for Christmas dinner ;-) yes it’s only 55 days away – arrggghhh!  The Weight Watchers Christmas Magazine arrived yesterday, scary stuff, but there are some fab recipes in it, I may have a go at the Christmas Cake!
 
It’s been interesting this week in meetings, I’ve asked some members what the best thing they’ve eaten this week has been – think about it what would you answer, what is the tastiest thing you’ve enjoyed eating this week?  Everyone on of them has said a real dish, such as stew, roast dinner, casserole, soups, fish pie etc no one has said a bag of crisps or a bar of chocolate – interesting!  Why is that?  Is it because those foods actually aren’t all that, they’re foods we eat fast under stress?
 
I listened to an audio lecture on my ipod yesterday where he was talking about ‘slowing down’ whilst you eat, and he said have you ever tried to savor a Big Mac and eat it slowly?  You can’t and if you do it’s actually not that good! You have to eat it fast and smother it with lots of ketchup to hide the taste.”
 
Don’t believe him?  Try it next time you succumb to the big M and bright harsh lighting and uncomfortable seating of a MacDonalds, they’re not designed for you to sit and enjoy a leisurely meal with friends, they’re designed to get you in and out asap!  I went Saturday with my mates for a chill and a chat; we were there all of 15 minutes maximum because it’s not a comfortable place to be!
 
On that note, today I’m asking you to taste everything you eat, not to eat on the rush, if you’re not sitting down – don’t eat it!  If it’s not getting your undivided attention – don’t eat it!  If you’re multitasking – don’t eat it!  I’ve been doing that for two days – it’s soooooooooo difficult but also so very rewarding.  It gives you time to listen to your body and taste your food.  Yesterday I ended up having only one slice of toast rather than two and only half the tin of mackerel for breakfast, I had the other half when I got back from my meeting at 11.30, and it had been plenty to keep me going for the morning. 
 
Challenge your beliefs, just because you’ve always had two slices of toast doesn’t mean that the law of breakfast – you’re allowed to change things up and experiment.
 
Have a tremendous Thursday despite the weather. x

No comments: