Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 27 October 2012

Tarts, seesaws & scooters!

27th October 2012  

Two things – if it makes you happy - do it,if it doesn’t – don’t!Night nurse rocks – almost 11 hours sleep andonly just got up at 7.45am, still got my head cold but it doesn’t feel quite asbad as it did yesterday morning so that’s a good start to my day.  Add that to the beautiful sunrise on what Ithink may be our first frost of the winter (I don’t remember one alreadyhappening – but then my memory sucks) and I do believe it’s going to be alovely day.
Well yesterday went by in a blur, couldn’tleave the house because of waiting for delivery men so made a Manchester tart,
 
ManchesterTart –the whole this is 40pp so you decide how many it serves!
 
What you need
short crust or flaky pastry (I used an Asda precooked pastry flan – 24pp)
100g Weight watcher Strawberry jam (4pp)
2 bananas
1 pint of skimmed milk (5pp)
2 tablespoons Custard powder (3pp)
1tbspsugar to make custard (2pp)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut (2pp)
 
If makingyour own pastry do this -
Preheat over to gas mark 5 or190C. Grease a 20cm pie dish or flan tin. Roll the pastry to cover dish,including the sides. Prick pastry over with a fork and cover with foil, pushinginto corners. Bake for 20 minutes, take off foil and bake for another fiveminutes. Leave to cool.
 
Other starthere
When cool, spread jam on bottom of flan, and coverwith sliced bananas. Make a thick custard (two heaped tablespoons of custardpowder to a pint milk) and, when cool, pour over bananas.  Sprinkle with dessicated coconut, leave to cool beforeputting in fridge to set. Serve in slices, cold.  Keeps one day in the fridge: don’t freeze!  
 
I shall be having a slice for my breakfast;-) so that I have the ProPoints!
 
So then Lynne arrives with Jen aged 8 &Will aged 10 and they were in those moods that make children not very nice,Lynnes nerves were already in shreds I could tell.  So the plan was KFC but they wanted to go tothe park first, Wills got a scooter and there’s a skate park by me, of coursewhen we got there Jen didn’t want to be by the skate park she wanted to go on theproper park, Lynne can’t be in two places at once so they’re both playing youlove him/her more than me card!  Itsexhausting trying to placate them bother - mothers out there, I applaud and bowbefore you!
 
So it’s now about 1ish and we’re hungry, thekids are cranky because really they’re hungry too but they think it’s becausethey wanna play more, we agree they can come back after we’ve had lunch.  So it’s off to KFC and McDonalds because mymom doesn’t like KFC and we’ve told Jen after lunch instead of going over thepark I’ll bake with her and Lynne can go to skate park with Will.  £30 later, we’re back in my house trying toeat the KFC that Lynne and I have looked forward to and had planned for weeks, thekids and mom have eaten theirs in the car on the drive home but we’re sittingdown to enjoy it mindfully after my blog yesterday!  OMG – Wills, “When can we go back to the park?”,Jens, “Can we bake now?”, Mom’s, “I think the washing machines broke, is itinsured, what we gonna do?”  I realise I’meating my chicken at such speed and with such tension in my body because of allthree of them and I look at Lynne, and say “You mindfully eating too?” and weboth laugh.  If only it was possible tolive in a blissful state of mindfulness all the time ay?
 
So Lynne goes back over park and I bake withJen, we make rocky road and bread rolls, she actually does all of it, I merelysupervise and wash up – proper little cook she is. 
 
Then we go back and join Will and Lynne onpark.  This is where we have fun, we spota seesaw and decide to use it to see who is the heaviest, we we’ve not laughedthat much sober in a very long time it was so funny!  Next we stole the kids scooters and had aball, it didn’t go down very well but we didn’t care one little bit.  Apparently it’s not cool to see over 40sscooting round the street!
 
I hope this video link will work ;-)
 
So that was my day in a nutshell, we found away to move more that didn’t cost any money, I baked and then when they finallywent home I thanked the universe that I’d never really wanted children of myown because I once again had a quiet house ;-)
 
Enjoy your weekend everyone, I certainly plantoo. x
 
 

No comments: