Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 25 October 2012

Sunday dinnner on a Thursday - don't mind if I do!

25th October 2012
Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.  Mahatma Gandhi
Yesterday morning I dropped my mom off at the clinic for yet another blood test, she got out of car singing at the top of her voice, everyone walking the kids to school stared, she didn't care and I love her for that, that's the way to live your life - care free and not worrying about what others think of you.  I’m getting more and more like her every day, it’s awesome because I used to be so self conscious of what everyone thought about me, now I too sing in the street if the mood takes me – try it you might like it.
 
So I’ve had an Tefal Actifry, it’s huge and takes up a great deal of space on the work surface so it better do more than just make chips to justify its existence in my kitchen!  I’ve only used it once so far for a plate of chips which were good I have to say so we shall see how I get on doing other things.  I’ve since been told that the Phillips Airfry is better by people and doesn’t take up as much room so I’m now not sure which I should’ve bought, hey ho always next time.  I like the idea of cooking whilst not having to stand by the stove or having to have the oven on which must use more energy.  Apparently the advantage of the Airfry is that is doesn’t have a paddle so cooks more things mmm interesting.

 
I fancy trying real chicken nuggets cooked in it I have a recipe in the dinner lady book that I shall try, this weekend I also plan to cook Macaroni Cheese this weekend, I haven’t eaten this for years and I think I’ve only ever had it as a processed meal so have never enjoyed it, I will therefore try and make it from scratch (recipe in same book) and see if my liking for it has changed.  Your tastes definitely do change over the years, I never used to like pepper in food now I have a huge pepper mill I put on everything!  I’ve heard and read somewhere that your tastebuds change every 7 years, how much truth is in that I’m unsure but if there’s something you never used to eat, it’s worth re-tasting with an open mind because you never know you may like it now.   I used to love Pot Noodles and Batchelors Super Noodles, yet I’ve tried both of them over the last few weeks and oh my disgusting, truly awful – I cannot believe I used to find super noodles delicious, they were just a clump of tasteless mushy stuff, not nice at all.  I’m so glad I learned to cook, I’m no genius in the kitchen but I know what I like and I’ve found a way to cook my favourite foods quickly and easily and to a standard where other people actually eat it too.
I’m being a little silly today, it’s my busiest day of the week, I get up at 5, write blog, walk dog, leave for work at 7.30am, get back 12.30pm, do paperwork from morning and night before, leave house again at 4pm get home 8pm and I’ve decided sometime in amongst all that I’m going to cook myself a ‘dinner’ meat, potatoes, veg and gravy – not a stupid idea at all is it!  I’ve just peeled sprouts whilst waiting for my kettle to boil for my cuppa tea, so stage one is complete, the meat is a bit of brisket with gravy in a microwave bag, already cooked so that’s not so bad, I’ve just got to get my hands on some potatoes and peel my carrots, ooo Yorkshire pudding too I thinks.  Oh I do love food and eating, it’s such a simple pleasure in life isn’t it!
On that note, I’m going to peel carrots – yes I know it’s only 5.40am but I have a busy day ;-)
Have a fab one xx
 
 

No comments: