Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 9 October 2012

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - yeah I can count!

9th October 2012

He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much. Lao Tzu
French fries, the 19g bags are 2pp the 22g bags are 3pp, I’ve got a multipack wrapper in front of me that doesn’t actually tell you the weight of the packet anywhere as far as I can see, it gives you the nutritional info for ‘per 100g’ or ‘per pack’ but doesn’t say how heavy the back is, I think that’s bad personally, yes I know I could get my calculator out and work it out but REALLY I shouldn’t have to!

Anyways the reason for mentioning them at all is a condition I haven’t mentioned in a long while, actually because I thought I was cured, it turns out it was just in remission, “multi-pack syndrome”, mmm I’ve realised it’s a condition where prevention is better than cure.  I can open a multi-pack of something I really like and only eat one!  Yeah okay so maybe you can, and if I’m honest when I’m really ‘in the zone’ I can too, but when I’m sitting catching up on my tv programmes and it’s cold outside and I can’t be bothered to move and make myself something healthy and delicious for tea because that would take me all of 15 minutes, then it’s easier to grab a bag! 
So as one of my members  said yesterday, “French fries are okay, they’re only 2 or 3pp a packet”, mmm yeah I know but three packets is 8pp and four packets are 10pp and if you have all six packets of Worcestershire sauce at 3pp per 22g packs, that’s 16pp!  Have you just gasped at the idea that I may have eaten 6 packets of French Fries?  Please don’t I made them last two days!  And I won’t be buying them again because I’ve remembered why I stopped buying them in the first places because they bring my ‘multi-pack syndrome” out and the symptoms are horrid, you may recognise them, it starts with sweaty palms that start twitching like lobster claws, then there’s voices in your head that starts to sound a bit like tinnitus if you don’t respond, you lose concentration of whatever you’re doing until you respond to the noise in your head.  It’s vile and the aftereffects of such a sudden attack is swelling round the belly area followed by weight gain – what’s that all about!

So yeah, I’ve remembered not to buy the foods I really like in multipacks because I don’t have that side of my personality under control!  Do you?  If you do, I’m very impressed.  And yet I can leave all those muffins I made on Sunday in the tin and eat one each morning and not think about them again for the rest of the day!  Bizarre isn’t it – we all have our own triggers and the way of controlling them is different for all, you have to work out which is your ‘cure’ so to speak.  For some it’s complete abstinence, for others it’s a little of what you fancy now and again or even daily, and then some learn to have it there all the time and resist - I bow down before those people!
Well they’ve al gone now, 6 packets of Worcestershire sauce and 1 packet of salt & vinegar, strangely enough I’ll be able to resist the rest of the flavours, I like them but I don’t love them.  There’s a bag of the new ‘deep ridged’ there too I will resist, I tasted one, they’re not all that, and for some reason that I can’t explain but I like there is a multi-pack of cheese and onion crisps there that I wouldn’t thank you for!  Now normally they would be a cause of my Multi-pack syndrome, but I’ve somehow got it into my head that Walkers crisps have changed, they taste all greasy and there’s hardly any in the packet, so obviously the last time I had a bag was a memorable experience but not in a good way!

Feels good, to slowly but steadily be changing my ways and sorting my surroundings, there are no quick fixes, the best way to succeed is to learn to love yourself, find out who you are and what makes you tick, sometimes it helps to understand why, sometimes it doesn’t matter why as long as you learn to control it!
I’ve realised I’m happy with whatever I lose between now and Christmas, if that’s a pound a week fantastic, if it’s half great, if it includes weeks of staying the same that’s okay too, because for me it’s about learning who I am, changing forever and doing it for the right reasons not so that I can go back to my old ways afterwards.  What you doing it for?

Here’s to the most amazing day, it’s Tuesday after all ;-)

No comments: