Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 September 2012

No more shopping! I can't resist the offers!

25th September 2012

The world was made round so that we would never be able to see too far down the road.Rel
- Isak Dinesen
I keep getting distracted by reality and other stuff!  Yesterday my plan was to go to work, nip in the shops on way home for a loaf and potatoes, cook, plan all my meals for the week, do all my paperwork and walk the dog if the rain stopped oh and stay on track of course!  Did I do all that?  Nope I didn’t, I went to work, then nipped in Co-op and ended up spending £22, because I thought as I walked round the shop, I’ll get some chicken breasts for one meal (blue cheese stuffed) they were any 2 for £7 so I had pork chops too, 3 minutes later I thought  ooo I’ll make a beef hotpot, and the beef was any 2 for £7 so I had two trays and thought I’ll make a big batch, sitting here now I’ve realised I could have had the breasts and the beef and done without the pork chops but my brain wasn’t working that way obviously and I ended up with £14 of meat when I already have a kitchen full of potential meals.  So I’ve decided I don’t need to go shopping for two weeks for anything other than bread and maybe fresh vegetables! 

I then had lunch toast toppers (3pp) on a jacket, mmm they’re not what I remember, I won’t be wanting them again, mom enjoyed hers though so each to their own.  I put my beef hotpot in the oven to cook and went to do paperwork.  Eventually the rain stopped so I took Alfie out, wished I hadn’t because he got bit in the face by a staffy ;( so I spent the next hour sitting in the vets!  Luckily he’s ok, just an injection needed in case of infection and to reduce the pain.  So the two things I never got round to was planning all my meals and staying on track! I had wine I wasn’t going to and a bag of Weight Watcher crisps, actually I had two bags – boo. 

So today I will be moving the wine into the shed, out of sight out of mind and I won’t go out the back door in the cold when I get back from my meetings, I’ll be telling mom not to leave her crisps on the side in the kitchen, I only had them because they were there and I shall be doing my meal list, I’ve got a few ideas now thanks to the shopping!

Main Meals
Tuesday – beef hotpot (10pp)
Wednesday – pork chops, potatoes, broccoli, gravy
Thursday – gammon, waffle, egg, tomatoes
Friday – chicken stuffed with St Agur cheese wrapped in salami
Saturday – fish and chips

That’ll do for starters, I’ve got a box of bran flakes, may just have the same breakfast every day for quickness and convenience this week and tea might end up mostly being something on toast, we shall see, I need to be on track, it’s week 3 of our 12 weeks to glow challenge and I want a stone off, I’m 3lb towards that target ;-)

Yes it’s inevitable that life will get in the way sometimes, there are so many things that can cause you to go off track and hinder your goals, the secret is to not let them takeover and stop you in your tracks.  There are of course things you can do to ensure that doesn’t happen, the other week we talked about sorting surroundings, make sure you’ve got the things in your kitchen you need to help you, scales, measuring spoons, oil spray, cook books and of course make sure the bad things are either not there or are out of sight, i.e. my wine moving home to the shed!

Right because I was up earlier than normal, I have a spare half hour, so I’m off to weigh out and bag 7 portions of bran flakes so I don’t have to do it again this week, they’ll all be ready for me in little sandwich bags!  What could you do to simplify your routine? Have a think.

Enjoy your day; I’m doing it the Weight Watcher Way ;-)

 

 

No comments: