Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 September 2012

Catherine's lost the equivalent of me in Weight - BOOM!

20th September 2012

To lose or not to lose that is the question! (Who needs Shakespeare?)
So today is weigh day, will I lose, I haven’t been quite as brilliant as last week that’s for sure and it’s well known the first week is usually the best week but I’m hoping for 1lb, a pound a week eating the way I am will be more than enough for me, actually I’d be thrilled to eat this way and lose 1lb a week because I’m enjoying it. 

Yesterday included a repeat meal because I enjoyed it at lunchtime and I was too tired at teatime to bother, only cost £2.48 for the day though, that’s the cheapest yet!

Wednesday
breakfast
tomatoes & mushrooms on toast
6
£0.60
dinner
stewed steak, sweetcorn, celery, carrots
200g mashed potatoes, 2 yorkshires
11
£0.98
tea
stewed steak, sweetcorn, celery, carrots
200g mashed potatoes
9
£0.90
26
£2.48







 I saved on my cherry tomatoes because they were half price in the reduced section, very nice too it all was.  The stewed steak is one of my easy favourite meals, it doesn’t look fantastic but it tastes delicious!  Mom used to cook it for us when we were little, it consists of a tin of stewed steak in gravy, I bought mine from B&M’s for £1.69 that’s a pound cheaper than other brands in the supermarket so I wasn’t sure if it would taste the same (it did).   So how I make it is I fry an onion or two in 1tsp oil, I added diced celery and carrots too as I had them left over, cook them then add the tin of Stewed steak, it looks like dog food if I’m honest.  Add 3 beef oxo cubes to the empty can top up with boiling water and swill out the remaining sauce from the can into the pan, this creates more juice and a darker colour and a tastier flavour.  I also added a tablespoon of sweetcorn.  Then I served it with mash potato and used the last of the frozen Yorkshires from the freezer (basic brand are just fine).  I really enjoyed it.

Yesterday was another super day, watching members get their next silver sevens, they’re very important to use all aren’t they.  Catherine got her 22nd silver seven, yes that’s 11 stone lost now, we’re talking about portion sizes this week and she admitted that after losing her first few stone her weight stopped coming off and she had hit a plateau  apparently I suggested that maybe it had stopped coming off because she’d stopped doing something!  Yep, she’d stopped weighing and measuring her food portions because she thought she’d done it so long she knew the sizes, however when she started weighing everything again, the weight started falling off again.  Just goes to show, we never really know, I’m terrible for not putting the right portion hence the reason my scales are always on the side of my kitchen counter.  11 stone, WOW, basically she’s lost the equivalent of ME – truly Inspirational!

Right here’s to enjoying a very busy day of meetings, looking forward to saying “Well done” a lot of times ;-) See you later my Bloxwich Babes & Boys xx

 

 

 

No comments: