Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Busy mind, not so busy body this morning!

22nd August 2012

We know nothing of tomorrow, our business is to be good and happy today. Sydney Smith
Yesterday I mostly ate Beef Hot Pot, it was tremendous and If I could guarantee the next one tasted like that I think I’d eat it every week, mmm.  All that was in it was casserole beef (20pp), carrots, onions, sliced potatoes (9pp)  on the top and a packet of Colmans lamb hot pot mix (3pp) (Lamb was the only mix I had in the house, really tasty though).  So simple to make too, and apart from the mix all come under the Filling and Healthy banner.  It will definitely be one to try and recreate in the future.

I enjoyed my meetings yesterday, I love it when you open up and actually talk about how you all feel because it usually makes us all realise we all have similar things going on in our minds.  If there was a genie of the lamp and he turned up with some wishes, one of them would be to let people be happy with themselves, to appreciate how fabulous they are, but at the same time for them to continue to strive to be their best, whilst taking care of and loving their already ‘good enough’ self.  Mmm, if only ay!
Alfie woke me up at 3am to go up the garden, he doesn’t do that very often so he must have really needed to go, then he starts barking so I had to go outside to shush him, WOW what a beautiful sky it was, clear as anything and just an amazing display of stars, it’s been a while since I’ve been and looked at the stars, we really do live on an amazing planet.

I’m in a ‘life’s really too short’ state of mind this week for one reason and another, and I’ve noticed that when I approach a problem with this thought in mind it actually puts it into perspective.  There are so many things we can’t change in our lives (actually we could but that’s a different conversation all together!) we can however change our response and it makes so much difference to how those situations affect you.  It’s not something you have to do once either, it’s something you have to continually remind yourself of; in any given situation you can choose your response.
The same goes for the person we are, yes we have personality traits and certain individual characters, we also have the power to change if we so choose to.  I’m not saying its easy but it’s doable, there’s no quick fix solution either, it’s taken me years to change and I’m still changing, I expect I will continue to change till the day I die – I hope so anyway.

I’ve heard a lot of “I can’t…..” this week or “I couldn’t……” Those statements are never true, and should be reworded “I choose not to…..” or you could say, “I’d find it difficult to….”  But the “I can’t…” statements I hear in my meetings are never true!
The above might not be making total sense, I’m kind of processing things in my head and typing out loud so to speak, that’s a bit how I feel this week, there’s stuff going on in my head and I’m trying to process it.

Yesterday I realised we’re 18 weeks away from Christmas and I thought about what I could send out to my missing members to encourage them to return, the usual is “lose a stone for xmas” kind of message but my purpose in life if I have one isn’t just to get people to lose weight it’s to get them to realise it isn’t all or nothing, it’s a life long thing, yeah if they’ve been missing all summer they have probably gained which is what we’ve all done in the past, so they can come back and turn over a new leaf this autumn, lose weight in time for Christmas, then start all over again in the new year.  But what I want us all to do is to decide this time to lose it forever, to find the balance between indulging and total personal destruction!  It can be found, I’ve managed it.  I’m not saying I’ve got to my goal and stayed there, but I have lost a lot of weight and kept it off for 8 years now.  My weight still fluctuates up and down but I never go into total self destruct like I used to, when I’d lose all interest in my own self care, because healthy eating is part of that self care pattern, it’s no good doing your hair, buying nice clothes and wearing lots of make up if your poisoning your body with copious amounts of crap food, that’s kind of defeating the object.  Polishing the outside and poisoning the inside isn’t a good combination but so many do it, I’m no longer one of those people, I indulge, a little too much at times but I never go into total meltdown anymore where I lose it completely.
So Do it for yourself! And remember Weight Loss is for Life - NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!

On that note, I’m going for a walk, apologies if my blog’s a little haphazard, random or o.t.t. this morning but that’s kind of where my head is at today, a good walk and some thinking time might help that ;-)

 

No comments: