Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 July 2012

how hungry!

11th July 2012

Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do.  Pope John XXIII
What would we do with all that spare time if we weren’t thinking and talking about food and dieting?  Just a thought that went through my head yesterday when my mate asked me what I’d got for my dinner.  Obviously it consumers more of my day than most but I think even a none Weight Watcher leader spends a great deal of time with their attention on the subject.
This week I’m hungry, I think its hormonal or it could be the damn weather, who knows but I’m hungry, not just craving because I’m happy to have proper food, not just something nice, so today I’m going to look for some low ProPointed filling ideas to fill me up.  The obvious is soup, yeah will go buy broccoli and make some soup.  Maybe a stir fry, that’s low, yesterday I roasted sliced courgettes, peppers, onions, carrots, cherry tomatoes and two large Portobello mushrooms, that filled me up, I had it with mixed grains bulger wheat, quinoa with lentils & soya flakes, it was in a microwave pouch made my Merchant Gourmet, 7pp per serving, not cheap at just under £2 but it was very tasty and very nutritious too.

I could make a low ProPointed vegetable curry using the Weight curry paste pots, there is a video on my fb page, 250g butternut squash, curry paste pot and WW oil spray, that looks nice for 1pp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9qshok_Ew&feature=youtu.be

Or maybe coronation chicken kebabs using one of those pots and a bit of Greek yogurt, mmm I’m getting hungry now!
I might buy a bowl of ready-made salad for quickness too, today and tomorrow are my busy days and I’m in Crewe on Friday at a meeting so it’ll be a crazy rush.

Just looking through my Happy Owls recipes I’ve found this one http://www.happyowls.co.uk/fruitymasala.html and realised if I change the paste for a WW pot, I’d save 6pp per recipe, so that would take it down 4pp a portion, which is good for a chicken curry dish.
Yes there are low ProPointed dishes I can find, if you have any to share, email me or post on our fb page, it’s great to have variety and ideas.

This one’s really tasty for 6pp too, http://www.happyowls.co.uk/LeekMustardBake.html
Yes with a bit of thought, I can increase the portion sizes and reduce the ProPoints in the meals I’m eating to sort out this hunger I’m experiencing at the moment.   It just comes down to a bit of thought and planning and effort, three things that go a long way to helping you succeed. 

Oh and one last thing – stop jumping on your bathroom scales every morning it will drive you insane if you’re looking for weight loss!  Bodies fluctuate, I test my meeting scales every morning to ensure they’re working and all weigh the same, on Monday I’d gained a pound, on Tuesday I’d gained another two pounds, by Friday I’ve have lost them, my body weighs different every day, that’s why I only record my Monday morning weight which I take at the same time each week.   If you have scales in your house, donate them to the local charity shop, or better still take them up the garden and smash them to pieces – very therapeutic ;-)  Get weighed once a week in your meeting, it’s more than enough.
Right I’m off to walk the dog in the rain again, wonderful weather for ducks as my mom would say.


No comments: