Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 8 July 2012

Childhood comfort food is the best...

8th July 2012

The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend. Ann Kaiser Stearns

What was that all about? I've just had some kind of funny turn! I woke up about half five and these strange thoughts were going through my head; I'd say almost an urge! Calm down it had nothing to do with those fifty shades books ;-). Well I only got up, put the kettle on and started tidying up - yeah the strange thoughts were to tidy up! It's past now I'm relieved to say, although I did manage half hour and who knows if that keeps happening I might finally get some sort of order back in my house - although I do know even if it does it'll be short term as I have the same relationship with housework as I do with my eating habits both are a challenge to keep in check!

Half hour meant I managed to move all my clutter, gosh we are untidy, and yet I do love tidy houses I just find them difficult to maintain as my natural behaviour is untidy as is moms and she also adds to the chaos by keeping things she doesn't know what to do with = nightmare. Hey ho I've coped with us being this way for 42 years, I'm sure I will continue to.

I had the best dinner yesterday, can't believe I haven't eaten it for so long, tinned stewing steak, I used Princes it 11pp for the tin, I fried onions and button mushrooms in a teaspoon of oil for 1pp when cooked I added the tin of stewing steak and the pit 2 oxo cubes into the tin 1pp and topped up halfway with boiling water to swill out the can, it makes the dish richer too and enough for four portions. Served it with mashed potato, carrots and peas nom nom nom. That used to be one our staple dinners that mom used to make and it is delicious. She also used to make it with the tinned minced beef and onions, that's tasty too so I'll be buying a tin next time I shop.

I had tomatoes on toast for my breakfast didn't think I'd enjoy it as I can take or leave tinned tomatoes but it was nice, I'd rather have fresh but I enjoyed it none the less.

Only I could get the wrong size net curtains like I did yesterday, moms been on at me for weeks to buy some new so yesterday I measured up, drove to Dunelm and got the least horrid I could find - I'm not a fan of net! Anyways I got home and put them up and they ate about 15cm too long doh, I don't know where my head was when I measured them but bless mom, she said they'll be fine, at least they're clean.

Me and Alfie are out at the moment walking, it's dry but very overcast, such a shame because i think everyone feels better when the sun shines. It's very warm and muggy though. I do enjoy walking, we went out for a second walk yesterday morning, Alfie was in a striding mood the second time, we walked a good way and was out well over an hour and the sun was shining too - yay!

I wander if I'll carry on with some housework when I get home, yeah think I'll try and sort the kitchen again makes it easier to cook in if you can see the work surface doesn't it!

----

I’m home now, have just eaten this breakfast and it was delicious, 2 crumpets (5pp), flora light (1pp)egg (2pp) mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, olive oil (1pp) and a bowl of strawberries, a banana and pink lady apple, I won’t need food till late afternoon now.
I’m gonna tidy my office I’ve decided, as when I got back mom had done the kitchen, who knows we might be in a tidy house by the end of the day.  Enjoy your day xx

No comments: