Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 29 June 2012

My Weight Watcher meetings are bursting with amazing people

29th June 2012
Just starting day 5 of Filling and Healthy and still on track, I used ten of my weeklies yesterday on gravy and my first glass of red wine this week which was divine, so I ended up having 9pp worth!  My meals went like this though;
Breakfast - 2 Crumpets, 2 poached eggs and 2 large micowaved tomatoes
Lunch – vegetable stuffed mushrooms, chicken, potato wedges
Tea – liver and onions, potatoes, carrots, green beans
Snack – 120g beef slices
I’m feeling really positive heading towards the weekend, usually I’d be thinking oh here comes the weekend but I genuinely think this is the first time I’ve known I can make it through 100% this year, although I knew I’d do okay last weekend, I just wasn’t sure I could be 100% because of being away.
I’m making a lamb roast dinner today, so will have to ProPoint the lamb, Yorkshire and gravy but the rest will be okay, starting to wish I’d bought beef as lamb is quite high at 100g for 5pp but it is also delicious so I can afford a few slices.
I’m working this morning, covering a meeting so that’ll keep me busy, then later we’re going bowling so there’s a few ProPoints earned, I’ve got 26pp from my pedometer earned this week so far and 38 weeklies left so I should be ok this weekend.  I better get a weight loss on Monday ;-)
My meetings have been great this week and yesterday morning when Rachel bought in her trousers to show everyone what she was wearing the first day she joined was quite a moment, she’s lost 9 ½ stone so far, then it got even more emotional for me in the following meeting at I gave Pat her 50lb certificate and I could see her getting quite emotional, no one else could because she was on the front row.  Then later, another member who’d been very sad the week before  lost 5lb and her smile was gorgeous, I also got a hug which is always nice.

(Photos are of Rachel before & now, hasn't she done amazingly well, anyone who loses even 1lb has done well, it's not easy to resist tempation!)
I really do have the best job ever!  Seeing people improve their lives going from “tired all the time”, “uncomfortable & unhappy”, “nothing to wear but baggy clothes” (these are all quotes used by new members this week), to making themselves healthier, feeling better about themselves, building their self confidence, and enjoying life more. 
Yep weight is a very emotional issue and really does affect people more than some will ever know, it can affect every aspect of your life, not for everyone but for a lot of people it makes a huge difference to their behaviour and the things that they do.
I had a lovely lady join my meeting yesterday and when we chatted afterwards, she was very relieved to hear she would still be able to enjoy a glass or two of red wine (we’ll get on I’m sure ;-> ), she was telling me how everyone is an expert on how she can shift the pounds, offering her advise from “cut the carbs”, to “you need to ditch the booze completely”!  WHATEVA!  It’s all about balance, there’s nothing you need to eliminate completely and nothing you must include.  The only thing I would say YOU MUST do is “enjoy the journey”, because if you don’t you won’t stick to it.  My emotional health is just as important as my physical health and it’s no use my body being in tip top condition if I’m miserable as sin because all I ever eat is ‘pure healthy my body is a shrine’ food!  No it’s about balance, this week I’m doing filling and healthy and I’m enjoying it, I haven’t wanted a cake or any chocolate but when I do fancy it, I will include it, my mates also doing F&H this week and she has included a few Weight Watcher bars because that’s what floats her boat, I needed to save mine for wine.

Remember, if you fancy it – have it, include it in your daily quota and then you’ll still lose weight.  Anyways I’m off, got a meeting this morning ten miles away and a dog to walk first!


No comments: