Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 June 2012

Here's to a week of F&H!

25th June 2012
Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period. Lou Holtz
Well I survived the weekend, I didn’t buy a tshirt at the concert but I do have a souvenir, a cracking bum on my head where I was hit by a flying bottle!  OUCH!  We did have a giggle though it has to be said, I genuinely think you could put me and Lynne anywhere and we’d have a good time with or without alcohol. 
I managed to resist service station breakfast yesterday, had some pineapple and a pint of skimmed milk instead, then on the drive home we were chatting in the front of the car and this little voice pipes up from the back seat (Lynne’s 17 year old niece), “shut up, you two are boring bitches, all you’ve talked about for the last hour is food”, mmm truth hurts – NOT!  Give her 25 years and she’ll probably be doing the same ;-)

We were talking about the Filling & Healthy plan and how we could fit it in with our lives, so this week that’s our plan, to have a week on F&H and see what happens.  I’m hoping for a loss this morning, I have gone over on my weeklies this week but I think I may have got away with it.  Then from today I plan to do F&H for an entire week to see if it feasible for me to follow and lose weight, I do have a good appetite so I will see if eating to my idea of satisfies works.  I’m finding having a big breakfast works a treat and who knows maybe as my blood sugars balance out and my appetite calms down I’ll start eating less – it’s happened in the past so fingers crossed.

Yep, a shopping trip needed, I want some wholewheat couscous and wholewheat lasagne, I’ve got salmon for today and gammon for tomorrow, have lots of veggies and salad and I will get some more fruit because I enjoyed the pineapple but I might stick with tinned because I like that just as much as fresh and it keeps better. 

I have converted my favourite recipe of the moment into F&H below,  I’ve talked about a lot in my meetings so you’ll know I think its truly scrumptious and I was surprised because I’m not a fan of rice or parsnips in food like this, but it works and because I’ve had a fabulous weekend full of giggles, I’ve decided to share it.  If you cook it and enjoy it, pop 10p in my charity collection tub the next time you’re in the meeting.

Chicken & Bacon Casserole serves 4, 12pp each or zero on F&H


calorie controlled cooking spray (for F&H use your daily allowance of oil)              
4 x 200 g (7 oz) skinless chicken legs
1 large onion, chopped                                                                               

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
4 rashers Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon, chopped (use bacon medallions for F&H meal)
250 g (9 oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
300 g (10 ½oz) parsnips, chopped
150 g (5½oz) dried brown rice
500 ml (18 fl oz) chicken stock (make using 3 oxo cubes)
salt and freshly ground black pepper


Put oven on gas mark 4ish.  Spray a lidded ovenproof casserole dish with the cooking spray and place over a high heat. Season the chicken legs, add to the dish and fry for 5 minutes, turning, until browned. You may need to do this in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Spray the dish again with the cooking spray, add the onion, rosemary and bacon and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Return the chicken to the dish with the carrots, parsnips, rice and stock. Cover and pop in ove until the chicken is cooked through and the rice and vegetables are tender. Divide between four warmed plates, and serve.  Freezes well too.
Right I’m off to start my work week, oh yeah and get weighed!  Enjoy your day. x

No comments: