Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 23 May 2012

"Onyarf" I'm thrilled with that!

23rd May 2012
Success is a ladder you cannot climb with your hands in your pockets. American Proverb

YAY, I did  it, tracked everything for an entire week, stuck to my ProPoints, albeit I used every last one, every daily (26pp x 7), every weekly (49pp) and every activity ProPoints (50pp total) has been consumed!  I’ve enjoyed every last thing I’ve eaten and I’ve lost weight, so I’m a very happy girl.  How much did I lose – ½ pound wooooo hoooooo!  “Onyarf” as the majority of my members would say, but I’m chuffed with that because if you recall last Tuesday after being weighed on the morning, I didn’t track for the rest of the day because I was smitten having lost 2.5lb and I was doing the 4.5 day diet dance because somehow I’d got away with it and lost lots!  Then I did what you’re not supposed to do and weighed the next morning to realise I’d put 1.5lb of that back on, not this morning though because this morning I’m on day 8 of total tracking with honesty and thought.  Yep, there isn’t a weight gain this morning because I did have a ‘treat day’ like last week, so I am officially one step closer to getting back to goal for August 17th, 3lb gone in 2 weeks, and 9lb left to go. 
Better still than any of that information is the fact that I feel like I can do it, I’m finally in the zone where I know it’s possible and I have the power.  Yesterday was the first day I didn’t think about food most of the day, yeah I don’t care what anyone says the first week on a diet is usually consumed with thoughts of when can I eat next, what can I have, how many ProPoints have I got left!  Yesterday, I had a tuna wrap for quickness about 3pm (I did take the time to slice some cucumber and pepper though) when usually I’ve eaten my lunch about noon, so hopefully my appetite is calming down because it does, we’re not naturally greedy people, we become greedy people through exposure to food and availability, and habit over time.
Having looked back on my 2008 blog and realised I lost weight quicker back then but I changed my eating pattern quite a bit and I cut out the wine, I’ve realised I’m not willing to do that now, I’d rather lose it slowly and tweak my eating and keep my wine and then I’ll be more than likely to keep it off.
I was so proud of Charlotte achieving her goal yesterday, over 3 stone lost and she’s made changes to her lifestyle that she will be able to continue for ever.   She plans her main meal of the day first and then the rest of the day around that, she’s got to the stage now where she doesn’t 'need' a treat everyday like she used to because her attitude towards food and how much she needs has really altered.   It may sound like she’s painting a perfect picture but it has taken a long time for her to reach this stage.  She’s even managed to have two holiday over that time and gained 12lb then got back on track to lose it and achieve her GOAL.  Just shows we can have a life and lose.
So here’s to Day 8, already have an idea of what I’m eating today, it actually includes chips but pre-bought ones that are portion controlled and ProPointed, not manky orange ones brought from a moody dude in a chip shop!
Enjoy the sunshine, looking positive again today.

No comments: