Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 May 2012

I'm driving the Weight Watcher Wagon - do you want a seat?

18th May 2012
When the student is ready the teacher will appear. Zen Proverb
I need a few extra hours this morning to get everything done, before my weekend begins, lots of paperwork and a dog to walk first.  Then lunch with my bestie, I’m cooking because we’re both on track, we’re having garlic & herb chicken, roasted vegetables and quinoa and it shall be truly scrumptious.  Then it’s off to the cinema to see The Dictator and later we’re going to see Dara O’Briain at the Civic, so a fabulous day planned.
Yesterday went well, finished on 34pp, so used 8 of my weeklies but again I earned 5 on my pedometer, so the weekends looking promising.  I had a delicious lunch, stuffed mushrooms (put diced carrot, pepper, spring onions & 100g phili light in them then topped with 40g cheddar, made 3 total of 8pp, slip between 2 of us) and Tilda mushroom basmati rice (4pp for ½ packet).   Total cost of meal about £2.50 for 2, I only ever buy the rice when it’s on offer so it’s never more than £1 a packet.
It feels good to be back in the zone, I’ve been tracking for a while, I never really actually stop but I’ve not been in the zone; it’s a mindset isn’t it.  If like me you’re always conscious of your weight, then you know you go through phases and sometimes you’re more focused on healthy eating and taking care of yourself and sometimes you just don’t care, you’re otherwise occupied with different things and your weight suddenly isn’t as important. 
It’s really helping that everyone in the meetings appears to be getting in the zone too the last few weeks, there’s much more losing going on than gaining, it’s fabulous, loads of successes, the Rachel’s stole the show yesterday, one getting her 50lb certificate the other her 9½ stone!  Brilliant, there were plenty of silver sevens, 5% & 10% handed out this week too, and a few gold memberships so it’s definitely that time of year where the success is shining through.
I just need to shake this cold now which started last Sunday, I no longer feel ill as such it’s just in my head  now and it needs to go, I have running ProPoints to be earning!  I measured myself this week and although I haven’t really kept any of the weight off that I’ve lost this year I have lost an inch off my thigh which is fabulous because that’s where I hold my weight from the waist down!
I told you yesterday that I’d taken photos of myself, well I got the idea from a member on fb, she said she had seen an article in the paper about a lady who lost 9 stone! This lady found that keeping a photo diary of herself in the same pose every week helped her to see results! So Amy took her first photo in her bikini to do the same thing, she’d also put it as her screen saver on her phone.  We both agreed it’s too easy to cover up by dressing well but once you undress you see the real truth.  Now don’t get me wrong, we’re both gorgeous already, so we’re just tweaking on our own perfection ;-)
Okay, Alfies getting restless so I’m getting going.  We can do this folks, we can all lose week on week and enjoy the journey too.  My mission this week is to do it as cheap as possible because I’m skint.  So I will tell share with you any finds I make.
Have a fabulous Friday. x

No comments: