Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 May 2012

I won't let the fame go to my head!

9th May 2012
Never give up on something you really want. It’s difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret. Bev Longsden.
Would have loved a loss yesterday, but I got a stayed the same, I deserved it, I should have carried on tracking over the bank holiday weekend instead of sticking my head in the sand and pretending I didn’t care!
Well I had my own little claim to fame yesterday, was on the radio, BBC WM, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0021kmd/broadcasts/2012/05 I’m on it about 51 minutes in, I was so relieved when I listened back, that I didn't sound quite as Wolvo as I thought I would!  I was very nervous for some reason and yet I talk to hundreds of people every week, isn’t it strange how we react to different things in different ways.  I was on there because Weight Watchers have teamed up with Debenhams to launch The Ultimate Weight Loss Wardrobe, designed to empower slimmers all over the UK to embrace the clothes shopping experience, whatever their shape, size or how confident they feel.
Shopping is rarely fun when you have weight to lose and even as your losing it, it still has its problems, sizes vary so much, I range from a 10-16! What’s that all about, it can be soul destroying when you’re looking for an outfit for an event and you can’t find anything to look or fit right.  Nightmare, that’s why I used to live in black, elasticated waist trousers, now I don’t own trousers, I have a few pairs of jeans but most of the time I wear skirts and dresses and I love them, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I love the girly-ness and feminine feel of a dress.  20 years ago you would have had to fight me to the floor to get me in a dress, actually even 8 years ago, so yes I have most definitely changed not just in shape but in confidence too.
I now wear clothes I like and enjoy wearing not clothes I think people will ignore me and leave me alone if I wear.  I’m happy to be stared at when I’m out if I like what I’m wearing, I really don’t care if others don’t because I bought it for me and I follow my own fashion.   As I said on the radio “we all want to rock our look”, and I have my own image, I don’t need someone else’s.
I think it’s really important to realise a number on a label doesn’t define you any more than a number on a set of scales.  We’re all gorgeous and the labels can be cut out, as long as you look and feel good in what you’re wearing who cares what size they are!
So because I was waiting to talk on the radio, I missed my run and by the time it was done and I’d caught up on my paperwork it was too late, so yesterday afternoon I spent half hour putting together my first vision board, it turned out to be a ‘MOVE MORE’ one, which wasn’t how I’d started it, it just ending up going in that direction.  It’s now stuck on my office door, this is it;

I shall definitely do another one, I enjoyed looking through magazines, cutting things out and putting them on the board, it made me feel positive doing it.
It also motivated me to go running after I’d finished work, last night at 8.15pm!  Check me out, I’m usually getting ready for bed then!  I also run further in the 30 minutes than I have before so maybe that time suits me, the only downside was I didn’t go to bed till 10.30 because I needed to relax first, so not a time I’d run on a weekday very often.  Although I’m not tired this morning so it’s not too bad.
On that note, I’ll go take the dog for a walk, my pedometer clocked up 7pp by the end of the day yesterday and that was without the 6pp I earned from my run.  I finished the day on 26pp, so that’s 1 day down, 6 to go in pursuit of the perfect week and a weight loss!





No comments: