Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 April 2012

Me Dramatic! NEVER!


27th May 2012

Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. Winnie the Pooh
Don’t let it all get on top of you!  It’s way to easy to lose the plot or to let life get you down.  Yesterday morning I went into hormone meltdown, it was the start of that once a month wonderfulness of being a women! Mmm and as I’m getting older it’s getting worse, the pain is awesome – NOT, the moods are amazing – NOT and the emotions, well lets just say “it’s emotional”.  So it’s 6am and I’ve got loads to do before I can go to work, it’s peeing down and the dog needs walking, I need to print off some stuff for work and stock up my car and nothing is going to plan, the black ink runs out in the printer, so I replace that and it won’t print, the printer nozzles need cleaning so whilst I’m doing that the yellow ink runs out, then the cyan so now I’m getting wound up and go to sort my car, I can’t find the things I need in my shed so I’m now screaming at a cardboard box!  That of course helps the situation enormously, I stomp off and start crying as I walk up the stairs, sit and my computer and press print because now I’ve replaced every ink in the damn machine and it starts to print then stops because YAY I have a paper jam!  I sit and breathe and type into my facebook status “Yay and now a paper jam!” to which I then get a link posted with the following video (if you’ve ever had a printer problem you need to watch this)


Well I sat, watched it and laughed out loud, called my mom up to watch it with me and we both laughed out loud.  I then realised I was being way too dramatic and OTT about the entire morning and I needed to chill out, after that I was fine.

Isn’t it easy to get carried away with a downward spiral, to let life or a situation get on top of you!  I often say you may not be able to change a situation but you can change your reaction to it.  We all have a choice how to behave at any given time when something happens, the way I behaved yesterday morning was a little silly and normally I wouldn’t have but I was in pain and my hormones were playing with my emotions and it took me half hour to realise that’s why I was reacting that way, and as soon as I did, I chose to switch it back.  The universe just this second tested me by giving me an evil knife type stabbing pain in my stomach – I smiled ;-) after I went oooowwwww! Of course!

Yes life’s all about choices and I’d rather choose the happier option any day of the week, I’m all about the positive, cos the negative sucks.  I can’t see why anyone would prefer to dwell on the downside of a situation when it makes you feel so gloomy and trust me there is always a positive if you look hard enough. X

We’ve had some fabulous results in my meetings this week, 700lb weight loss (that’s 50 stone) and four members achieved their goal weights, two of them losing over 50lb each, awesome isn’t it.  And everyone answering the questions which I posted on Tuesday’s blog about ‘why we want to lose weight’ – if you haven’t already done that, go back to Tuesday’s blog and find them, answer them and put the answers somewhere safe for you to refer to often.

Almost the weekend folks, so enjoy a feel good Friday. xx


No comments: