Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 April 2012

I intend to have a great day!

12th April 2012

To do is to be – Socrates.  To be is to do – Plato.  Do be do be do - Sinatra!


I’m really enjoying my meetings this week, we’re looking at focus and motivation and it’s even starting to help me get back in the zone.  It’s good to think about why you want to lose weight rather than just saying ‘I want to lose weight’.

It’s important to focus on what you want, have you ever been to a party, expecting it to be terrible –and it was? Ever left for a party, expecting it to be brilliant – and it was? You might not have realized this in your life yet; however the outcome you expect is often the outcome you get.  Last time I went to Corfu for a long weekend I went with mom and I expected to be exhausted when I got back and kept saying I’m gonna struggle to get through the week having had such little sleep and I did, by Thursday I was hanging by a thread.  However this time, same flights, I kept saying I’ll be fine, I have a snooze on the plan and I’ve only got to work 3 days, I’ll manage and I have, this morning doesn’t feel any different to a usual Thursday.

So if your choice is to wake up on a bright, sunny day, yawn and stretch as you get out of your comfortable bed, deciding that you’re going to have a wonderful day ahead of you, you can have a great day! Or you could wake to grey clouds and heavy rain, stub your toe on the bed, and decide that today is a bad day, guess what? Strangely, you’ll be right again.

Simply put your intention sets your direction. In other words, the route you plan out for yourself is most likely the one you’ll end up taking. If you expect something great to happen, it often does.  Ooo think about how great that would be for your weight loss journey if you decided on your outcome now! Set your intention, make it clear that you’re going to attend your meeting each week, eat healthy and lose weight, you’ll meet some fantastic people in your meeting and you’ll enjoy the journey.

Why not set your intention for the day right now, the brighter the better.  Mine is to have a fabulous day, my meetings are all going to run like clockwork and my members are going to all leave the meeting feeling motivated.  I’m going to eat healthily all day and enjoy my day.

How about you?

Remember, the sun is always shining brightly. It never stops. It’s just that most people look to the sky and end up seeing the grey clouds that cover it. They focus on that gloom and doom. They’re immersed in negativity.   Decide to clear those grey clouds – so you can realize the bright, shiny happiness hiding just behind.

I try to constantly see the sunshine, heck I even appreciate the grey clouds.  You may be thinking “really”, yeah I do because the truth is that in order for you to experience true happiness in your life, you must experience sadness. It’s necessary. Without sadness, we really can’t even understand what happiness is. Yet how many of us struggle and fight against sadness when it comes into our lives? We think that we should ONLY be experiencing the good, the positive, the happy. We MUST be thinking positively at all times. And if we don’t, we blame ourselves for failing.

Is this a realistic way to live your life? In order to have happiness, you must also experience sadness. Dolly Parton describes it much more eloquently: "If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain." In other words, and quite simply: It’s all good. Stop judging individual experiences, and how "good" or “bad" they are. Just enjoy and embrace all your life adventures. And when seemingly negative things happen, remember that it’s just the duality of life. It’s just the other side of the coin. It’s required. It’s part of the equation. So, appreciate the other side of the coin – and you will be happy.

Todays blog was inspired by “The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy” by Karl Moore, it’s only cost me 50p as a Kindle book from Amazon, go buy it, it’s a short book, really easy to read and full of great tips.

Have a fabulous day, I INTEND TO! ;-)


No comments: