Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 8 March 2012

Whether it's 15lb or 100lb you lose - it's your journey!

8th March 2012

Don't worry about what your friends are going to think! If no one is talking behind your back, you are doing nothing with your life! Scott Alexander
What a fantastic week so far for weight loss success in my meetings, Karen got her goal last night after 12 months of persistence, Catherine amazing that she is got her 100lb certificate both achievements absolutely fabulous and both very different journey’s.  This is why we should never compare our journey to another’s, because you’re journey isn’t a competition.  On the morning Denise received another silver seven, making that 35 of them stuck to the front of her card – yes 35, you do the maths!  And on Tuesday Gemma got her third stone, Charlotte reached 2 & a half stone and Maggie got to goal having lost 5 stone in 12 months.  All of which are so inspiring and just a handful of the success that’s going on in the meetings - just brilliant all of you.

Yep it takes dedication to continue a weight loss journey long term, and it is worth it, every week I have gold members who are maintaining their weight come and check in and enjoy the meeting that will tell you if you ask them how much it is worth it.  It changes your life, it changed mine for sure.
I have to admit though, I’m glad I have a weight problem – yes you read right.  I’m happy that I struggle with my weight!  Why you ask?  Because its part of who I am, I enjoy food and drink, I enjoy life, I’m excessive and extreme in almost everything I do – it’s ME and I like being me.  I believe the only way it would be possible for me not to struggle with my weight would be for me not to enjoy food and that’s just not an option for me, eating is a huge part of my life, it’s a passion and for it to become something I just do because it keeps me alive, the thought fills me with dread and makes me shudder!  Yeah I’ll continue to struggle to keep my weight down and I’ll smile why I’m doing it, probably because I’m thinking of that next meal out with my friends!

I’m off to Center Parcs this weekend with friends, 8 of us, all Weight Watcher leaders, can you imagine the food that’ll be packed into cars tomorrow morning, I smiled when one posted “I’ve cooked 100 sausage rolls”, mmm that’s 12 each, will it be enough!
Speaking of overeating!  I was in the supermarket yesterday and noticed all the Easter eggs, it’s a month away now, Easter Sunday is the 8th April, please remember just because it’s shaped like an egg doesn’t mean you ProPoint it like an egg!  It’s still chocolate and it’s still roughly 15pp per 100g!  Just seen a photo of a Giant Walnut Whip in M&S on facebook, mmm looks lush but weights 295g and there’s no nutritional information = not good!  If I was going to have one, I’d weigh it as solid chocolate then you wouldn’t go far wrong, that’d make it 45pp – maybe I’ll go for an ordinary size one for 5pp instead.

Anyway, enough chocolate talk at 5.55am, I’ve got work to get ready for, yay it’s Thursday!
Have a great day. x

No comments: