Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Ignorance isn't slimming!

14th March 2012
I smile and everyone loves me. I cry and find out who my true friends are.

Bit of a mixed bag yesterday, amazingly four members got to goal which is just fabulous, I got on the scales and realised I need to do something about the last three weekends but I was smiling as I was writing my weight down.  The I had three members throughout the day who hadn’t lost but had expected to and the got upset and instead of staying left, there’s only so much I can say at the scales, so staying to the meeting is always the answer, Weight Watchers works because of the group support, when you’ve had a good week, your meeting needs you and when you’ve had a bad week, you need your meeting!
Losing weight isn’t easy, it takes effort, so if you know you’re doing everything that needs to be done but the scales haven’t gone in your favour that week, unfortunately you just gotta shrug you’re shoulders, smile and say I’ll beat ya next week scales!
Also if you aren’t losing weight for more than a week and you think you’re following the plan, there’s likely to be a reason.  For example – ignorance isn’t bliss!  Yesterday I decided to get back on track, jumped on the scales in my meeting wasn’t impressed with the numbers so there and then started my tracker.  Now because I’d been away at the weekend there wasn’t much in the way of food in my house yesterday morning, the bread had all gone, I was being lazy and there were some cooked sausages I’d bought back with me, so I ate two of them (this was before I weighed and got serious!)  Now, an hour later, I’m on track so I need to ProPoint the sausages!  They didn’t have nutritional information on them when I bought them so I guestimated 4 per sausage, I thought that was being fair, members in the meeting agreed with me.  However when I got home I weighed some of the sausages on my Weight Watcher ProPoint scales, and they had been cooked beef sausages they would have been at least 22pp for four!  These ones were pork and chorizo sausages so I’m guessing they’d have been even higher!  At least 6pp per sausage, each sausage was 70g cooked weight, that’s just scary. 
Let’s be honest are two sausages of any kind worth 12pp, especially when you’re daily allowance is only 26pp – I think not! 
So today I need to find time to go shopping and buy some bread, vegetables, fruit and salad and all the other basics that help a person lose weight and eat healthy.
I’ve just taken two chicken breasts out of the freezer and a jar of pesto out of the cupboard, I’m going to make chicken pesto spaghetti for lunch, that sounds quick and easy enough.  Smoothie for breakfast I think, if they’re still in date in the fridge, if not I have bananas and could make one from scratch.  Ooo now I’m considering doing a Filling and Healthy day because the spaghetti is wholemeal, so I would only need to ProPoint the pesto for the lunch and I could make my own smoothie.  I’ll decide in an hour or so.
Yesterday wasn’t the best start, Sausages for breakfast (12pp), Sausage, mash & peas for lunch (18pp), leftover mash with a bit of cheese for tea (6pp).  I did earn 4pp on my pedometer but that still means I had 38pp if you include my cappuccino and milk in drinks, so using my activity ProPoints, I’ve still had to use 8pp out of my weeklies!  Boo, at least today can be an improvement on yesterday, as yesterday was a massive improvement on the weekend.
One step at a time, every wise choice I make is a step closer to a weight loss, that’s the way my brains working.  I’ve had three amazing weekends away and enjoyed myself, and now I’m looking forward to some quiet time and I really, really want to get in the kitchen and cook.  I hate admitting this but I always want to tidy up so I can find all the things I’ve lost over the last three weeks!
Remember whether you’ve had a good week or a bad week – it’s just a week in a whole lifetime of possibility. xx



No comments: