Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Are you standing in your own way?

28th March 2012

If you are going to do something wrong, at least enjoy it. Leo Rosten

It appears I’ve been busted!  Yep, at least 4 or 5 people over the last week who read my blog have commented that they know when I’m having a ‘good diet week’ because I write about it, when I’m not then I don’t!  mmm partially true, although it’s more when I’m really in the zone as far as weight loss is concerned then yeah I do tend to blog about it because it’s taking more of my day, up so I’m thinking about it more and it’s the easiest thing to talk about, when I’m not I think of other things to talk about, but 80% of the time when I’m not writing about my food intake and my dieting I’m still eating really sensibly and maintaining my weight. 

As I’ve said before I constantly struggle with being half stone over my goal and the struggle is more psychological because I’m happy at the weight I am, I’m happier with everything than I’ve ever been in my life and I know losing half stone won’t change that.  Well in my case it actually would because it would mean I have to eat less intentionally and at the moment I really struggle with that because there’s a bit of my subconscious telling me when I eat and drink more or less what I want, I maintain my weight naturally at this weight.  Because of this fact, now and again if I see the scales rising I will get a little strict and purposely cut back on my intake, and at other times, I work out the ProPoints in foods I buy so that I’m aware of what’s coming into my house.

I know I’ll never been totally ‘cured’ as I like to call it from my eating personality, I’m a xxx eater, I don’t have a name for my the type of eater I am because I don’t want to give it a label, so heck we’ll go with 3 kisses, yep I’m a “xxx eater” a lot of you have the same personality trait.  Being an “xxx eater” means I love to eat, I enjoy everything that goes with it, the company I’m in when I eat out makes it an enjoyable and pleasurable experience, the meals I conjure up in my own kitchen is something I enjoy doing immensely and then I enjoy the food afterwards.  I also sometimes enjoy that almost panicky feeling I rarely get now (it used to be a daily thing when I was an unhappy soul) where I just NEED food and lots of it.  I still have the habit though of mindlessly eating something because it is there, which is why in my house I ensure it isn’t there to give me that opportunity.   I can control it when I’m and I’ve calmed that automatic response down an awful lot, but it’s still there lurking waiting to grab at kids leftovers if I’m at my mates, or even my mates leftovers if I’m in a restaurant!  Yep, that habit is buried deep in me and it’s the one that’s taking the longest to remove, but if I’m honest I don’t know if I want to remove it totally because it’s part of who I am, it reminds me of where I came from, my childhood, so as long as I can control that habit most of the time, I’m okay with it rearing it’s head now and again.  I nearly wrote ‘ugly head’ then but that would make it a negative thing and I don’t want it to be anymore, it’s only negative if it makes me continuously gain weight and become unhappy and it doesn’t.

It’s taken me a long time to get to this place and I’m happy here, successful weight loss really is a journey of self discovery if you do it properly and if you want more than just a weight loss!  If you want to permanently lose weight and learn to control your eating habit, change your eating patterns then you need to get in touch with yourself and learn more about what makes you tick, what you want from life, what you don’t want from life, what’s making you happy, what’s making you unhappy.  Are you standing in your own way?  Do you sabotage your own weight loss success because you want the quick fix?  Trust me there ain’t no such thing, even people who have surgery such as gastric bands still have to face their eating personalities and learn to control them because there’s always a way for all of us to gain weight if we try hard enough!

Well now I’ve confessed to being a 3 kisses eater (I don’t think it was ever a secret really was it!) have a think what kind of eater are you?


No comments: