Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 February 2012

cheap & cheerful!

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.Anne Frank

I didn’t blog yesterday as I wasn’t at home, but I did take a walk round a supermarket with my mate ProPointing things for the meeting this week and it’s surprising how much money and ProPoints you can save by having your calculator with you, there are some real bargains to be had, and with the financial situation as it is right now that’s fantastic.

Once I’d dropped my friend off and came home I realised I’d got one of her bags of shopping and by the time I’d got home the bag of frozen lamb mince had defrosted.  I very rarely buy frozen foods, mostly because my freezer isn’t very big and always seems full.  So I decided to cook it, the lamb cost £2.75 and I added 2 onions, 2 carrots, 1 courgette & 2 peppers all diced finely and mixed with a pack of Old El Paso taco seasoning (90p).  I really wasn’t in the mood to cook but it took all of ten minutes to chop it all up and throw it in a pan, then I peeled and chopped 200g potatoes each for mash.  The result was delicious and easily only cost about £1 per portion which is great.

If you have any quick and easy cheap meal ideas, let me know so we can all share.
It looked even better on the plate with the mash but I was so busy enjoying it, I forgot to take a photo!
This morning I thought I’d evaluate my current situation re my weight loss / healthy me situation, I got the idea from a conversation yesterday where me and my friend were evaluating our finances and how we can save money.  So however far you are on your journey, it’s always good to stop and think and take stock of your present situation.  Try to understand all the factors that are impacting on your goal.

Where are you now in relations to your goal(s)?
What actions have you taken so far?
Did they get the right results?  If not, why do you think that is?
What’s been holding you back?
What stopped you going further?
How much control do you have over these factors?
What can you do to gain more control?
When will you start?

Don’t just skim over those questions, really give yourself time to reflect and make notes, it will help you move forward.

Next ask yourself, how do the following factors impact on your goal(s);

Physical resources
Financial resources
The economic climate
Your family and friends
Other people
Your knowledge and skills (or lack of them)

So what needs to happen for you to move forward and continue onwards towards your goal?  What’s working for you and what isn’t?

Once I’ve posted this, I’m going to spend some time answering those questions and getting my mojo back because I know I’m feeling lethargic at the moment and that a change in my eating would help to give me back my energy.  I’m sure there are other things I can do that will help also.

Let me know if you have any realisations when you answer the questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having thought about your questions the answer i have to all of them is the same...

ME! I am the only one stopping me losing the final 3 stone i need too.... I give excuses but at the end of the day it's all down to me!

So now i have to turn it around i guess and make it ME who helps me get to goal :)