Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 23 February 2012

13 stone gone in a day on my scales - YAY!

23rd February 2012

Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Albert Einstein

What a fantastic day yesterday, I just love my work, I’m so fortunate.  My fabulous members lost 186lb yesterday – WOW, how great is that, that’s 13 stone, who said number 13 was unlucky, I think that’s fabulous. 

A few members were telling my how they’d read Debbie story in the Express & Star (if you missed it here is a link http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/02/16/nursery-nurse-slimmed-from-21-stone-to-just-12/)

And how much she had motivated them to continue, I’ve got to admit I do love the success stories in the Weight Watcher magazine each month, it’s great to see before and after photos isn’t it, and there are some fabulous ones in this months which arrived yesterday.   There’s also a delicious recipe for white chocolate, pineapple and banana loaf which got my attention for some reason ;-)  Yeah found a couple of worthwhile articles to read at the weekend, one on snacking and the other on lunches.

I managed to cook yesterday and run, as well as getting all my work done, I was very organised.  Made a delicious pork and chorizo rice casserole, used the chicken and bacon recipe from the recipe card pack and just substituted the meats, I’ve got to say I’m loving the putting rice in a casserole, it really works.

I cooked that because my first organic fruit and veg box arrived from www.abelandcole.co.uk yesterday and it had carrots and parsnips in which are the main ingredients in that recipe.  The grapes were delicious too I had some of them for my breakfast with one of the bananas.  (if you fancy giving them a go, when you order tell them the reason you signed up was because of me Beverley at bev_ww@yahoo.co.uk and they’ll give me a free box), it says they’ll even give you something too so everyone’s a winner.  I’m going to have them delivered for a month and see how it goes, I like the fact I don’t have to go to the shops this week now because I only needed veggies, I can manage with the foods in the fridge and cupboards and I know if I’d gone for veggies, I would have bought other stuff too.  I’m considering online shopping for the same reason in future because the time I spend (which I do enjoy I have to say – I like food shopping) in the supermarket I could use for running, time management is key in a busy life.  My mate ran round the park the other day whilst her kids played there so that she didn’t have to miss out on her run, boring maybe compared to her normal run, but it did the job and the kids loved being out too.

Why we’re talking about something for nothing, if you remember I had my face done on the Bare Minerals counter last Friday and the lady did say if any of you want yours done to give her a ring and make an appointment.  The number is 01902 422311 #3628, its in House of Frazer, Wolverhampton, ask for Helen, Kirsty or Hannah and they can do anytime between 10 & 4.30pm.  I really enjoyed it, learnt a bit too and there was no hard sell.

This not drinking and eating good food really is filling me with energy and a positive mood, feeling so much brighter than two weeks ago, so if you’re still feeling the winter sluggishness, try it, start drinking water (I have mine hot), more fruit & veg, do a bit of cooking and if you do like a tipple, keep it to the occasional one, not an every night thing.

Yay, it’s Thursday, which means it’s almost Friday and the start of the weekend – bring it on ;-)




No comments: