Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 January 2012

What's that I smell cooking in the kitchen...

7th January 2012

Perfection has one grave defect; it is apt to be dull. Somerset Maugham

Start your day healthy like I just have, go and drink a pint of water.  Go on – now!  I had a good day yesterday, instead of our usual going out for lunch, I cooked the chicken and bacon lasagne which was as delicious as always and I even made Lynne and my mom a dessert they had Pineapple princess pudding for 5pp, the recipe is on Weight Watchers esource (free to monthly pass holders).  It was surprising good apparently, so they told me anyway, plus the ate it so it couldn’t have been that bad.

I also cooked a lamb hot pot last night for today’s dinner for 8pp each; I used a packet mix for quickness and a lovely member gave me the lamb so that was a result, nice cheap meal for me today. 

I’m going to have a very productive weekend, I’ve already got my recipes books on my desk ready to plan my week and cook up some dishes.  I’ve got some work to do but mostly I’m going to enjoy my first weekend back in my own house since before Christmas and there really is no place like home.

My new tracker week started yesterday, my aim is to make it to the end of the week within my allowance and to get a weight loss. So I need to get organised and focused.  Hence the reason for spending the weekend in the kitchen, it’ll be worth it and I have to admit I really enjoyed cooking yesterday, haven’t made a meal from a recipe in so long and I love it.  So I will definitely be making more time for that in future.

Here’s one of my old favourite recipes for you to try if you haven’t before (it isn’t hot it’s flavoursome) or for you to have again, delicious with chips or stuffed in pitta breads or maybe a nann bread, whatever floats your boat.

Keema Concoction serves 4 at 5pp each

2 sprays of ww oil spray (2pp)                               
350g pack of quorn mince (9pp)
1 bunch spring onion(s), chopped                       
250g chopped mushrooms
1 yellow pepper, chopped                                      
125 g cooked frozen peas (3pp)
3 cloves garlic                                                           
1 piece ginger, 2cm, fresh and grated
2 tbsp curry powder (2pp)                                       
1/2 tsp cinnamon                                                     
300ml vegetable stock using 1 oxo cube
2 tbsp chutney, mango (4pp)
                                                                                    
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan and add the mince, add the garlic, ginger and onion and stir, then add mushrooms, and peas stirring well. Continue frying gently for approx 5 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then mix in the cinnamon.  Add the stock or water & chutney. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes until cooked.   Serve with oven chips.

Well it’s the weekend, go out and enjoy it.  But remember to stay on track!  I will ;-)

No comments: