Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 January 2012

Like wine - lets all improve with age.

2nd January 2012

To achieve great things you have first to believe it.  Arsene Wenger

Hello, and here’s to a superb 2012, you’ve had a whole day to get used to it, how’s it going so far? 

Mine was full to say the least, drove back from Cornwall which meant loading the car first, that involved 4 or 5 trips from flat to car, up 177 steps each time and a ½ mile path!  So I earned a few activity ProPoints yesterday, although they wouldn’t have touched what I consumed! 

The first thing I did when I got back was got on the scales and I was two pound heavier than when I left for Cornwall, rather pleased with that, although I won’t get my official weigh in till Thursdays meeting, but even if another couple of pounds sneak it, I can live with that. I’ve tracked regardless for the last 3 weeks and I’ve found it’s really made me aware of my choices, I’ve truly enjoyed my food and overindulged so I’m thinking if I just tweak it a little and start making healthier choices I can lose a few pounds now. 

I’m not one for New Year Resolutions but have to admit over the last few days I’ve realised I really enjoy trail running so I’ve set myself a goal for May/June when I go on holiday, there’s a coastal path from Poppit Sands to Newport which is 13ish miles and I’ve walked a couple of times in the past (the very distant past), I want to do it again but I’d like to run as much of it as possible.  I’ve found out an old photo of me to stick in my journal and motivate me.  Whenever I look through photos of myself, it’s always the ones of me when I’m “fit” rather than “thin” that I like, so that’s my motivation, I’m gonna get fit!

And to do that, I’m gonna PLAY this Weight Watchers game, did you see the advert last night, if not you can see it on this website http://www.playweightwatchers.co.uk/.  I loved it, and I’ve downloaded my copy, plus it’s raising money for charity so that can only be a good thing.

Wasn’t sure about the PLAY idea at first but then I realised life’s a game so let’s play to win, on their website, they talk about four fab secrets;

1. Have fun with your food
2. Get moving
3. Join the gang
4. Healthy habits


I’m liking all those ideas, and I look forward to seeing all of you this week.

If you’re struggling to get back on track still because of whatever reason, start by asking yourself the following question every time you go to do something,

Is This Good For Me?”

Simple enough question and if the answers no, why would you want to make that choice?

It’s a way to simplify your decision, ask yourself if this is genuinely good for you -physically, mentally, and spiritually, today and next week and in 10 years. Listen to your inner strength which will be looking after your true interests, not just your ego cravings - you'll start to get the guidance you're looking for.

I’m lucky 2011 was a fabulous year for me full of friendship, here’s to 2012 being fabulous for all of us.  Like wine - lets all improve with age.

xcx

No comments: