Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 January 2012

Can't beat sleep...

14th January 2012

Well thanks to the joys of being female, I was awake this morning at 2ish for over an hour with stomach pains, but on the bright side whilst I was waiting for the painkiller to kick in, it gave me time to read a magazine I’ve been trying to get to for a week and I’ve had a lie in till 8am.  Now I’ve got Alfie giving me the “I want to go for a walk – NOW” look, but he’ll have to wait till I’ve drunk my cuppa tea, cos I’m not going to function this morning without it.

It’s Alfie’s birthday today, he’s two, so he’s going for an extra long walk and as he doesn’t know it’s his birthday, I haven’t had to buy him a present! ;) but I have got him a nice dinner.

So if like me you got back on track at the beginning of 2012 you’ve probably just struggled through your second Friday night of being a lobster, sitting watching tv, thinking “what can I have now!”  Not easy is it to change those habits and fight nature.  You can do it though you just have to be strong and work out ways to cope until your habits change.

Losing weight or getting fit isn't as easy as it sounds, otherwise we'd all be super-slim, toned and as
fit as fiddles. If you’ve dieted and failed before, work out why you've fallen off the wagon - or what's likely to scupper your chances this time.  Does stress make you comfort eat: have you been
forcing yourself to do a form of exercise you don't even like?  Whatever your barrier, pinpoint it so it can’t undo those good intentions.

Changing takes time and effort and its worth it for the end results. 

If like me you know you are going to have that “I wanna eat” thing at the weekend, work out how you’re going to control it, for me last night I had a little of what I fancied, but I also didn’t sit down quite so early as I would normally on a Friday, so there were less hours to think that thought.  Today I’ve filled my afternoon with something to do and this morning I’m off walking and running. 

Speaking of which I better go as Alfie’s sulking now, we’ve usually been and come back by now!

Here’s a recipe if you fancy being in the kitchen;

Creamy mushroom pork serves 4, 6pp each

Low fat cooking spray
125g chestnut mushrooms, slices
1 garlic clove, crushed
300ml vegetable stock
100g low fat soft cheese (3pp)
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (1pp)
4 x 125g pork loin steaks (22pp)

Lightly coat a saucepan with low fat cooking spray and, when sizzling, add the mushrooms.  Cook over a medium heat until the mushroom juices have evaporated, about 7 minutes.

Add the garlic and stock and boil for 3 minutes until reduced by about a third.  Whisk in the low fat soft cheese and mustard.  Remove from the heat.

Preheat the grill to medium and cook the pork steaks for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. 

Warm the sauce and serve spooned over the steaks.

Serve with cooked courgettes for no additional points.

However you fill your day, enjoy it and stay on track – I WILL!


No comments: