Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 January 2012

365 days lovelier than before xx

20th January 2012
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date! Eat healthy, be happy!
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday, although I haven’t celebrated my birthday for a few years now purely because January is so busy for me I just don’t have time or I’m too shattered, but this year I’m going to celebrate it a day late regardless of how much I have to do or how tired I felt when I woke up this morning!  Yes I was 42 yesterday and to celebrate today I shall eat cake and other food stuff and drink wine, that’s after I spend the day shopping with my mate and having a real girls day out, we’ve got a 3 course meal booked and everything ;) and I’m really looking forward to it. I won’t be worrying about ProPoints for the next 24 hours at all, and I promise to get straight back on the plan tomorrow because I want to.

ITS TIME TO GET REAL
There is no quick fix so we need to be realistic about our weight-loss goal, I’ve weighed lots of people this week who have set their sights too high for how much they’d wanted to lose in a week, (you should be thinking 1-2lb a week).  Your final weight choice too should be realistic, if it isn’t, it can be a real struggle to get to your target weight and stay there.  You can’t change your body shape as much as I wanted to yesterday, I had a corset arrive for a burlesque night out we have planned at the end of February and it doesn’t matter how much weight I lose between now and then to make it fit comfier on the waist – I cannot make my boobs grow!  I was not blessed with a bust and it wasn’t until I tried that corset on yesterday that I realised the only cleavage I have is contained in a very good M&S bra that unfortunately isn’t suitable for underneath the gorgeous corset! So no you can’t change your body shape only your size, make the best of the assets you have and remind yourself you’re gorgeous.   Now I know I’m gorgeous but today I’m going to try and buy something to make me look like I fill that corset ;) I’ll let you know if I succeed!

It’s important to set yourself realistic short-term goals, then reset them once they've been achieved. Remember, you don't need to be down to your lowest weight to obtain health benefits - a loss of about 10% of your starting weight can benefit your blood pressure, cholesterol and risk of developing type-2 diabetes, not to mention making you feel a lot better.

Also remember to choose a weight you’re going to be happy to live with, my friend reminded me this week that we’d decided ages ago that we weren’t will to give everything up to be skinny, and instead we were aiming for fit and healthy, hence today’s quote; Enjoy life - it has an expiration date! Eat healthy, be happy!

Feel good – it’s Friday – I will!


No comments: