Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 November 2011

F&H what does it mean to you?

30th November 2011

"When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice." - William James

Last night in my meeting I was told by a little girl that Christmas starts on Thursday!  After listening to the rest of her conversation she went on to tell me about the three countdown Advent calendars she had.  As cute as that statement was, please realise it doesn’t!  If we start celebrating Christmas now, that’s 25 days of ‘oh dear’ at the scales.

The Christmas parties and meals out are starting though and it is possible to stay on track and still enjoy them, you need to be thinking about your options and planning.  I’m thinking F&H for those days (Filling & Healthy not Fat & Happy remember!), steak, jacket and veggies all come under the F&H banner, as does gammon, fish and chicken breast.  Then you’ve still got your 49pp weekly allowance.

So I’m starting day 3 of back on track to tremendous!   I did 29pp Monday still not decided if I’m going to do 26 or 29 daily allowance we’ll see if I need the extra weeklies, yesterday I did F&H which worked well, I wasn’t hungry and I didn’t go crazy.  Being poorly helps as I’ve not got much of an appetite, I had large bowl of porridge for breakfast then gammon with jacket potato and broccoli for lunch, I used 4pp from my weeklies to have spread on my potato, then for tea I had the leftover mixed together like bubble and squeak which I fried in the 2tsp healthy oil that’s included for zero pp on F&H days.  Very nice it all was too, so much so I’ve decided to stick with F&H today too.  I’m having a raspberry and banana smoothie for breakfast which I’ve made with 0% Greek yogurt.  Was going to make a linguine for lunch but just remembered the pasta has to be wholemeal so unless I can get my hands on some, I need to rethink!  Until I’m well I need simple and quick, I’ve been and bought a few thinks from the supermarket to get me through the week.  

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/plan/sub/index.aspx if you go to this page you will find a link to a document which has a list of all the filling and healthy foods.

Having spoken with members in my meeting this week, you seem curious about the idea of a F&H day but at the same time a little cautious and not sure what to have, I’ll try to help with that over the next few weeks, maybe a Bev’s Bites (if you have any ideas email them to me).  Here’s a couple of suggestions to get you started;

How about a Creamy mushroom bagel - sauté slice mushrooms with 1 teaspoon of healthy oil (from allowance), add lots of chopped fresh herbs, some low fat plain fromage frais and seasoning, then spoon on a toasted Weight Watchers original bagel. tasty

OR;

Hash Brown brunch 
Zero on F&H or 5pp per serving
Serves 4, takes 30 minutes

Low fat cooking spray
3 rashers lean back bacon chopped roughly (4pp)
275g cooked green vegetables (such as broccoli, leeks)
400g boiled potatoes mashed (9pp)
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
4 eggs (7pp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a non stick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray.  Gently cook the bacon for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Roughly p the green vegetables and put into a large bowl.  Add the mashed potato, mustards and cooked bacon. Season and mix together.
Using wet hands, divide the mixture into four and then shape each quarter into a large patty or burger shape.   Heat the frying pan you cooked the bacon in and spray again with low fat cooking spray. Gently fry the potato cakes for 10 minutes, turn once (do not attempt to turn until after 5 minutes). Once cooked, transfer to a plate and keep warm.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add vinegar to help make the perfect eggs. Crack in four eggs and poach for 5 minutes until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the hash browns. Season with freshly ground black pepper.

Right time to get a wiggle on, got plenty to do today, just get through today and tomorrow and I can hopefully sleep this lurgy off the weekend.
xx



No comments: