Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 October 2011

Skinny is NOT sexy!

20th October 2011

Past experience should be a guide post, not a hitching post. D. W. Williams

I’ve mastered poached egg in the microwave saves all the mess, 30 seconds in a mug with a bit of water then onto some kitchen paper to get the water off – perfect.  So that was breakfast yesterday, lunch was a nice sweet and sour courtesy of a member with microwave rice and tea was a bit of a mitch motch, I did sliced white cabbage, spring onion and cherry tomatoes with some balsamic and had it with 2 toasted bread cobs from those microwave chicken burgers (Alfie had the chicken I wasn’t keen) and some cottage cheese, and weirdly I enjoyed it.

I know I tell you not to weigh yourselves at home but I know most of you ignore me, so I also ignore myself and I jumped on the scales yesterday morning - naked of course, after going to the toilet – well you’re never going to be any lighter than at that moment are you ;D and I weighed 10st 8.5lb that’s my lightest for a good year I’m sure, I know it’s not a true reading and as soon as I got dressed and ate it all changed but I don’t care it made me smile.  So did my new indents just below my ribs that weren’t there before, I’ve got myself a little two-pack going on ;D I’ve just got my little rounded tummy which may I add I’d quite like to keep, but this 2packs quite cute too.

It’s really important to remember whatever you’re size or shape, “it’s your body – be proud of it”, you interested your basic body shape, structure, metabolism and weight tendencies from your parents so yes on this occasion you can blame them.  Of course, you have control over your weight and muscle tone (so you can’t blame them there) but ultimately, you are what you are.  Look at your parents, your siblings or any of your relatives, you’ll notice certain features run in the family, I’ve got short, strong legs same as my brother.  You may have inherited full hips, or a large overall bone structure, you may be lucky and inherited a lovely pair of boobs or a perfect nose. 

Luckily nowadays I feel quite comfortable in my body, yes I’d be a couple of inches taller maybe or have longer legs if that were possible but it isn’t so I’ve learnt to love what I’ve got and realise the limitations in changing it.  So if you’re trying to change something that can’t be changed it’s time to throw your hands in the air and admit, “It’s genetics”.

Back to my little round tummy, and I’ve got a few dimples in my bum and thighs, I don’t mind anymore, women are supposed to have extra fat.  Have you noticed how we see fat as the enemy and yet it is essential to the proper functioning of the body, our nervous system in particular.  Did you know some fat pads inner organs and lets not forget it insulates us again the cold ;D  Women also store adipose tissue in their thighs, hips and breasts which helps nourish a baby if we become pregnant (no chance of that here, but it’s a good enough excuse for me).  Therefore to rail against body fat is in essence to deny your womanhood – time to be proud of it I reckon, it’s ok to be female, it’s ok to have big breasts and large hips, look at Sophia Loren, she was all curves, if you don’t know who she is – you’re too young ;D

So today stop focusing on the bits of your body you don’t like and try this: whenever you notice yourself getting critical of a part of you, shift your attention to a part of you that you do like, please tell me you have one!  I may have big short legs but they are also strong and powerful, that’s the new way I see them.  I measured them yesterday and no they haven’t got any smaller with the running my thighs are still a good 25 inches at their widest part and I find it amusing that some famous ladies waists are smaller, that’s a little crazy in my book, I’d rather have the odd doughnut (mmm doughnuts!) and be the size I am.

Who you trying to please with your body anyway?  When you attempt to achieve a certain standard that society tends to set, it only leaves you miserable, the women in the magazines they’re not the norm, take a look around, have a good look at your friends and strangers in the street, they don’t look like the photos in the magazines and trust me your friends, family and your partner love you, to them you are beautiful as you are.  Let their acceptance help you to accept yourself, because it is important you love you as you are. 
I’m not saying don’t lose weight but do it for the right reasons mainly health, don’t be obsessed with being slim be more concerned with being healthy, when you eat that way and watch the rubbish you eat, your weight drops anyway. 

Be honest skinny is not sexy, the next time you look in the mirror and think you’re too fat and you make it your mission to get skinny, instead of looking at supermodels and skinny birds that are gaunt in the face with bony arms and legs, find yourself a photo of a good healthy looking woman who’s worthy of admiring!   A fit body is a beautiful body.

We all come in different shapes and sizes – embrace yours. xx






No comments: