Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 29 October 2011

Mmm crisp sarnie - can't beat it...

29th October 2011

Not all who wander are lost. J. R. R. Tolkien
Was just reading a facebook posting by one of my members Rachel and it was saying how she’d been shopping and how much enjoyment she’d got out of buying clothes now she’s lost weight, those full length mirrors didn’t reduce her to tears this year and it got me to thinking about how when we decide to lose weight we tend to only focus on the negative side, the things we’re going to have to give up like certain foods and how difficult it will all be. We should be focusing on the positive such as how fabulous we will feel trying on new clothes or being able to run for the bus without collapsing. Next weeks meeting is all about positive thinking so we can all discuss it in more detail.


I had a lazy day yesterday, after waking at 3am and getting up I crashed by lunchtime, so tea was a crisp sandwich :D delicious and worth every ProPoint. I had a long bath and an afternoon snooze followed by an early night, today will be the opposite, I’m going to give Alfie a good long walk, then have a run to earn some Activity ProPoints for tonight’s meal at the curry house, then we’re all doing a 6 mile sponsored walk at 9pm for Compton Hospice – I must be mad.


I did attempt housework yesterday but after clearing off and dusting the windowsill in my office and the floor, I got bored and give up; I’ll never make a housekeeper it has to be admitted.
I’ve noticed the last few week’s lots of quotes are being posted on facebook as photos, some are very good, and one yesterday which I added to our wall said, “If it’s important to you, you will find a way.  If not you’ll find an excuse” how true is that.  So if you’ve been struggling to stay on track the last few weeks, mull over that quote, is it important to you, if the answers yes how can you make it work, what needs to happen for you to stay on track? 


For me, I realised I needed to get active, I’ve also realised that I only have so many hours in my day and I need to get my work/life balance more level so this week after a discussion with my manager and a great deal of thought I’ve realised I need to cut back on the meetings that I do to give me the time I need to do the aftercare and paperwork, it’ll still mean I work a 50 hour week but it means I won’t have to work a 60 hour week to get everything done and I won’t be constantly playing catch up.  The decision has been one of the hardest I’ve had to make in a very long time because I love my work and my meetings and all my members.  However I also love myself and realise I physically don’t have enough hours in the day to do it all.  I want to go running 3 or 4 times a week, I want to be able to take Alfie on long walks, I want to occasionally sit and read a book (something I never get round to) and I want to have the time to cook healthy meals.
We are on this planet but once (as far as we know) and personally I want to enjoy it, I want to get as much out of my time here as possible.  My moms not getting any younger either so I want to spend more time with her and as much as we both hate housework it does have to be done and it’s time for me to step up and help.


I know when I eat healthily and drink sensibly and get some exercise I have much more energy to do all those things I want to do plus those things I need to do, so for me it’s not a hardship following the Weight Watchers ProPoints plan, it’s the only sensible thing to do.  So I can’t eat a bar of chocolate every time I see one, or eat a bag of crisps at every meal time but why would I want to when I know they’ll just make me gain weight again, I’d much rather have the odd crisp sandwich now and again and devour it, if we have something too often we get bored with it anyway, we take it for granted and don’t even notice it.  I hadn’t had any wine in my house for well over a week until I bought a bottle on Thursday and when I poured that glass, it was like nectar and I savoured it.  When I have my curry tonight I’ll enjoy every mouthful because it’s been a while since I’ve had one and I’ll enjoy it even more because I know it’s within my allowance and isn’t going to make me gain weight next week.
So even if you do blow it this weekend, remember a lapse does not have to lead to a collapse!  It doesn’t have to be a disaster, it can be a chance to learn and get back on track.


Enjoy your Saturday, whatever your plans. 






No comments: