Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 October 2011

It's cold this morning, feeling a casserole coming on..

18th October 2011

Create the kind of self you will be happy to live with all your life. Foster C. McClellan
I had my salad pitta for tea last night and it was as delicious as I’d hoped, the only ingredient I forgot was cucumber, which I can rectify today.  I need to drink more water, I keep forgetting, think I’ll put a reminder in my phone.

Well I got what I deserved on the scales, after eating nothing but junk all weeked and processed meals all last week, I regained 3.5lb, will I ever get back to goal, who knows but I’m still happy with myself because I’ve got more active and I genuinely believe running 3 or 4 times a week will more than make up for the ½ stone excess I carry that according to the charts I shouldn’t, I like my body and only strive to lose that half stone because I’m supposed to be a certain weight according to a chart.
When I eat well like I did yesterday, for me it’s not about the potential weight loss it’s about feeling better in myself (any weight loss is a bonus and I definitely don’t want a weight gain), my tracker yesterday looked like this;

Breakfast = 3 scrambled eggs (5), 20g cheese (2), 1 slice wholemeal toast (2)
Lunch = ham toastie (6) with Philadelphia light (2), guacamole (2), sliced peppers, melon

Dinner = Salad pitta (4) (white cabbage, pepper, tomato, spring onion, carrot, mint sauce), Parma ham (4), beetroot, cottage cheese with pineapple (4)

Anytime = wine (6), brazil nuts & almonds (7), skimmed milk in tea (1)
Total eaten = 45pp

Activity ProPoints earned;
Pedometer = 5pp & 1 hours running= 10pp
29pp + 15pp = 44pp, used 1 of weekly allowance.

I felt better for eating well and I also enjoyed it all too, and none of it took any time at all to make, that’s my biggest concern at the moment saving time, I’ve been so busy at weekends lately that I haven’t done the big cooking session I was doing earlier in the year, so I need to find other ways to get healthy foods cooked.  I did buy a couple of those juicy bags yesterday that you cook your chicken in, they work out at 3pp a packet, I bought the herb one and the garlic one so will let you know what they’re like.  Today I’m making a chicken casserole, again using a sachet mix for 3pp, will just add carrots, onions and chicken legs, I’ll remove the skin first.  I shall serve it with a jacket potato.  I was very sensible when I shopped yesterday, usually I just throw things in but yesterday I thought about what meals I could do with each ingredient.  Think I might have soft boiled eggs and soldiers for breakfast mmm.  The maybe another salad pitta for lunch or tea depending on when I have the casserole.  Oooo I loves good food I do ;D  I’m going to cook a tuna pasta bake this week too I think, need to find a recipe.

Just found one on esource, I can top that with a bit of cheese – sorted and simple;

Broccoli and Tuna Pasta

ProPoints® Value: 7
Servings:
3
Preparation Time:
5 min
Cooking Time:
10 min
Level of Difficulty:
Easy

175 g Broccoli, Green, Raw, florets
175 g Pasta, White, Dried, preferably bows
185 g Fish, Tuna in Brine, Drained, rinsed and drained
1 pinch Salt
1/4 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) (ground)

·         Cook the broccoli for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain.

·         Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.

·         Put the cooked pasta into serving bowls.

Sat drinking me a pint of water too, aren’t I being good, Alfie and mom are both still snoring, it must be early - now to get some work done ;D
Enjoy your day, be healthy. xx






No comments: