Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 22 October 2011

I went to bed crying last night...

22 October 2011

The secret to a long and healthy life is to be stress-free. Be grateful for everything you have, stay away from people who are negative, stay smiling and keep running.  Fauja Singh, 100-yr-old Marathoner

I spent yesterday at an all day training session with Weight Watchers and although it was ‘work’, I had a really good day, we had a giggle on our table and I got to have a quick sneaky drink with my mates after work, something you don’t get to do really when you work alone as a leader.  So even though it means I have to do some work today to catch up, I don’t mind because giggling like school girls yesterday afternoon was worth it.  I hope I never grow up!
 
Its also got me remotivated with my diet too, I’ve let things slide the last couple of days, so today I’m getting my books out and I’m going to do some meal planning, I’m feeling lots of stews and one pot meals coming on.  I might even get my slow cooker out, now I’ve found it.

Well I had a late night for me anyway, 10.30 before I went to bed and I went with a headache from crying and a head full of pressure!  WHY?  Because I watched a really moving film, called “My name is Khan”, it made me angry and sad and laugh and cry, almost every emotion you can name, I felt in the two and a half hour film.  If you haven’t seen it, you should, it’s about a muslim man with Asperger's syndrome and there’s no need to get you anymore, it’s just very thought provoking and moving and the one thing he said in the film that stuck in my mind was, there are only two types of people, good people and bad people. 

I don’t read papers nor watch the news because I get very emotional about it all, I don’t see the point of adding the doom and gloom to my life, so I steer clear.  I’m generally a happy person and any moods or negativity are short lived and I have a knack of acknowledging them and telling myself they are not staying and it will soon be gone.  But emotions can rule peoples lives can’t they, for example with the dark nights arriving, lots of people start to feel a little down, some actually get the recognised condition, Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) but to be honest I think we all get a mild form of it, the winter blues.  Lots of people these days seem to constantly be struggling to find true happiness, sometimes because they don’t actually know what it is or where it comes from.  Then if you are happy in your world, life can send you a situation to send you on an emotional rollercoaster of a journey.  Let’s be honest life’s not always easy, and it’s also not fair at times either. 

Sometimes when we feel like everything is getting on top of us, the best answer can be a break from it all but let’s be honest we can’t all afford to jump on a plane can we, but maybe you can find an hour to have a nice long walk and take a breather, or even just grab a moment to stop and to enjoy the sunrise or set, it’s amazing this morning.  Or how about an hour to grab lunch with a friend so you can talk over your problems and maybe even have a giggle by the end of it.  I manage to have lunch in person with one of my friends on a weekly basis, but we also have daily lunch conversations thanks to the power of the pc.

When everything feels like its getting on top of me, I write, I get a pad and write down all my thoughts on paper, if it’s a time issue that’s my problem I use the pad to make a ‘to do’ list, or even a ‘to don’t’ list, where I try and work out what really doesn’t matter if it doesn’t get done. Try it next time you’re stressed out and have no time or loads of problems, don’t hold anything back. Use colored pens. The different colors often depict the emotions you are feeling. Releasing anxiety through let’s call it a rant book shall we, it’s a great way to be honest with yourself.   It could even benefit you later to go back and read your book after you’ve got everything sorted and back on track.

Also if you’re really struggling for time, shut the computer off and stay away from the social media for a while. Yes you can do this! With so much vying for your attention, unplugging for a time will help you invest in other things like friends, family and yourself.

I have the whole of today to get all those things done I’ve been putting off for weeks or I haven’t had time to do, I’ll walk Alfie and take him to the vets first, then I’m sorting my office (again!) and then moving onto the kitchen and if I don’t get fed up I may even make it as far as my bedroom, but I don’t want to overdo things! 

However busy you are today, stop for a minute and take a deep breathe, and remind yourself the world will still be turning when we’re long gone, we’re just fortunate to be walking this planet for a short while.



xx

No comments: