Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 October 2011

I can’t get no satisfaction!


25th October 2011

We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are. Anais Nin

Most of us have heard the song, “I can’t get no satisfaction!” although I’m sure he wasn’t talking about food but if he had’ve been, maybe he was making the wrong choices.  This week I’ve decided to try the Simply Filling plan as it’s the first week in a long time when I won’t be out Friday for lunch, although I will be out Saturday night, I can save my weeklies for that. 

What’s Simply Filling?  It’s in the red Live book that you got in week two, and I didn’t start yesterday morning intending to following it I was just going to eat more fitting and healthy foods and have a good healthy week.

On the ProPoints plan there are foods that come under the ‘filling and healthy’ section, that will guarantee satisfaction and they are easy to identify because they are always highlighted in green. A lot of my members think filling and healthy foods only include fruit and vegetables, but this isn’t the case, that mushroom omelette I was going to have for my breakfast yesterday was filling and healthy, the eggs on toast (low calorie bread) with baked beans and mushrooms I had instead was also F&H, the cod and the cannellini beans I plan to use in my cod and chorizo dish I want to cook next week ( cooking for two recipe book) were both filling and healthy foods. It’s not just about carrots and bananas, it’s the good food that’ll fill you up day in day out leaving you extra ProPoints for the treats.

If you think about it, Weight Watchers have took the hard choices away, by highlighting everything in green, it takes the guesswork away and helps us make wiser choices.

As I said initially I’d planned to just add and ProPoint as much of the F&H foods as possible, but instead I’ve decided to try a Simply Filling week, one because I don’t have to ProPoint anything that’s on the F&H list and two because I’m curious to see if I have learned to recognise when I’m full.  This is something I think we all struggle with, recognising when we’re full or satisfied is more important, I’m going to practice to see if I can tell when I’m ‘just right’. 

Yesterday I started the day with 2 boiled eggs on 2 slices of WW bread, 2 tbsp baked beans and mushrooms, it was delicious, then I made chicken and broccoli in pasta for lunch, I did use ½ jar of WW parmesan and pesto sauce to lubricate it which meant I had to take 1pp from my weeklies, and I was amazed that I left half of it, I just got bored eating it so decided I couldn’t be hungry.  By teatime I was ready for something so I had 2 WW tortilla wraps (ordinary ones are not on the F&H list and when I checked the label it’s because of the high fat content in them, WW has removed it from theirs) with lots of salad, chicken breast and a bit of mustard.  I also had some mixed fruit and when I’d finished I was still peckish and knew if I didn’t have more of something I was going to have a bag of crisps, so I had a third wrap and boiled ham with the last bit of salad leaves.

Now if I’d been ProPointing all that which I wasn’t, I’m guessing it would’ve been more than my usual daily allowance, so it will be interesting next week to see if I do lose anything and if I don’t it will prove I still haven’t got my appetite and my off switch under control.  I’d stayed the same on the scales this week which I’m happy with.

Mmm what shall I have for breakfast today, I’m planning on making a beef casserole for later mmm, just off to check out the recipes on the Weight Watchers website.


No comments: