Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 11 September 2011

All souped up!

11th September 2011

There are three kinds of people: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what the heck happened.
WOW it’s amazing what you can do if you don’t drink a bottle of wine on a Saturday night and get a good nights sleep instead, it’s 9am and I’ve already done 12km, half with Alfie then half on my own doing Week 6, Day 1 of my running programme.  I enjoyed this morning, the suns shining too but there’s a nice breeze, perfect and not many people about either.  I love the mornings, they’re so peaceful and Alfie was in striding mode for most of his walk so we covered some distance for a change.  Where the running is concerned I’m starting to see it’s both a mental and physical challenge for me, I’m usually good at anything I decide to put my mind to and the running is difficult for me, really difficult so I have to accept that and keep going.

I had a half and half day yesterday, I walked for 2 hrs first thing, then worked in my office till 1pm then I just slumped in the chair and chilled, I was shattered but the tv was rubbish so I couldn’t settle.  In the end I made some courgette and potato soup, here’s the recipe, the original had cheddar cheese in but I have lots of phili so I changed it. 
Courgette, potato & Philadelphia light soup
SERVES 8 • PREP 15 mins • COOK 15 mins (19pp total, 2pp per bowl)
Counts as 1 of 5-a-day, Good source of vit C
500g/1llb 2oz potatoes, unpeeled and roughly chopped (11pp)
2 vegetable stock cubes
1kg/2lb 4oz courgettes, roughly chopped
bunch spring onions, sliced - save 1 for serving, if eating straight away
200g Philadelphia light (8pp)
good grating fresh nutmeg, plus extra
to serve

Put the potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover them and crumble in the stock cubes. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook for 5 mins. Add the courgettes, put the lid back on and
cook for 5 mins more. Throw in the spring onions, cover and cook for a final 5 mins.


 Take off the heat, and then stir in the Philadelphia light and season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Whizz to a thick soup, adding more hot water until you get the consistency you like. Serve with spring onions and nutmeg or pepper. Or cool and freeze in freezer bags or containers with
good lids for up to 3 months.
I forgot to defrost the chickens, so I won’t be cooking with them today, gonna go mooch in the kitchen I think, I’m feeling quite productive and full of energy this morning so I may get some stuff done, not the office though, that can wait, once I’ve done my meeting plan for next week, I’ll shut the door on it, bang my music up and maybe, just maybe I might do a little housework, I can barely see through my bedroom window thanks to the Alfie!

Whatever you’re planning to do with your day, enjoy it. xx

No comments: