Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Ooo what to have?

24th August 2011
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows." Helen Keller
The best thing about having a weekend of over indulging is when you do get back on track you enjoy it.  I made yet another twist on lasagne yesterday and then for tea last night I had poached egg on toast – mmm sometimes the simple things in life are the best, although I have to say with eggs I only ever buy organic free range, it initially started because of a ‘being nicer to the chickens’ mentality but now I have to say they just taste so much better, so I’m being virtuous and enjoying my food, plus even if each egg cost 50p that’s still a reasonably priced meal when you look at the price of some ready meals!
Sometimes with meals it’s deciding what to have, I love variety and can’t stand the idea of eating the same food all the time, so I’m always looking for new ideas, that’s why I love Weight Watchers because members tell me what they’ve eaten and I go and have it.  Last night my friend text me to say she was on track and had poached egg on toast for tea just as I was leaving work thinking what shall I have, so thanks to her I wasn’t tempted by any of the other stuff when I got home.
I’m hoping to shift that 5lb this week because I don’t think it was ‘fat’ more food retention!  So hopefully it’ll be gone when I get weighed, although that’ll be Saturday this week because I’m not at work Monday which is usually my weigh day, although I suppose it should be Tuesday – we’ll see.
I love that I’ve changed so much over the last ten years, I’m smiling just lately because people think I’ve had a personality change regarding children, they’re all surprised I’m spending time with them – I haven’t changed don’t worry, I still don’t like noisy, nasty kids in my meetings :D, but borrowing a few on a Friday to go out for the day is just fine, plus if I wanna play out with my mates in the holidays, the kids are part of the package.  And lastly – they are seriously great kids, and great kids can be a lot of fun when you’re a big kid yourself.
Not everyone likes change, but it can be good, most people have a love/hate relationship with change. If things stay the same for too long, they get bored but when too many things change all at once, they find themselves desperately seeking comfort.
Losing weight involves a great deal of change, and it’s mostly positive, so usually my members are genuinely happy about it all. Yet, there are occasionally changes through losing weight that can be scary or unsettling.  Have you felt that way? Believe it or not, however you’re feeling about your weight loss or any other kind of change in your life - change is good for you.  WHY?  Firstly because change makes you flexible. Being stubborn and resistant to new things will make a normally stressing situation even more so. Change helps you be adaptable and go with the flow.

Change makes you smarter. If things never changed, you’d never learn anything new. And every time you learn a new skill — even if it’s just how to adapt — you are that much smarter than you were yesterday.

Finally change reminds us that anything is possible. It’s easy to think that anything that’s stuck will always be that way (i.e., the career that won’t lift off the ground or the marriage that’s coasting on neutral or that spare tyre round your middle). But when you see things change, whether it’s in your life or someone else’s, it’s encouragement to know that nothing stays the same forever.

So if something’s not great in your life right now, be brave – CHANGE IT!  You can because you are amazing and you can do anything you decide to do. xx



2 comments:

kath said...

my husband and I wrote our own wedding vows and part of it was "We will embrace change".
Yesterday- Cadbury World, followed by Champagne Tea at the hotel- ooooh.

JodieH said...

I live my life by the Serenity Prayer - take or leave the religious aspect, they are wise words, - Change the things you can change, accept the things you can't and having the wisdom to know the difference. I can't change that I adore chocolate but I accept it does nothing for the waist line so its my choice whether I eat it!!!