Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 8 August 2011

It's all in the writing it down!

8th August 2011
If you arent going to go all the way, why go at all? Joe Namath

I spent 90 minutes tidying off my desk yesterday – not my office just my desk, now that’s untidy!   It looks great this morning though and I feel good sitting at a tidy desk, I really appreciate tidy but find it so difficult to do, I wander why that is.  It’s a bit like weight loss I suppose we really want to be a certain weight but we find it difficult to eat a certain way.  Okay we might be able to keep it up for a few days, even weeks just the same as I’ll be able to keep my desk tidy for a while, probably because I’m more aware of it, but steadily and slowly my attention will fade and my desk will once again pile up with rubbish, again like our diets!
How can we ensure we stay focused and stay on track to achieve our goal and stay there, for me it’s tracking, because that one simple act makes me realise whether I’m on track or not, I haven’t tracked since Thursday night and I know I will have gained weight this morning which is a shame because I was doing so well.  I should’ve got straight back on track Saturday morning but I didn’t so I will get back to it today, no excuses and no disappointment.  I’d be over the moon if I’d maintained because it would show I’ve not completely lost control this weekend.

So why does tracking keep you on track?  We've all heard it's a great way to stick to your weight loss goals. But why is tracking so effective?

Three quarters of Weight Watcher members tell them that keeping a note of everything that they eat is an effective tool for successful weight loss - and helps them to 'keep focused and stay on track'. I bet you’ve said it too at least once.  It’s great when you’ve had a good week you can look back and find out what you did that worked so well.

Tracking can also help you to plan ahead, how many times have I heard, "If I don't track I don't lose weight," some members sit down once a week and plan all their meals for the following week, some use the Weight Watchers ‘Plan Manager’ on esource some use a pad and pen.

I know we’re all busy but it doesn’t take long to write down what you’ve eaten, it doesn’t have to be in detail if you haven’t got the time, if your at work you can use the online tracker if you have access to a pc, or you could keep a note on a tracker or on your phone, it’s whatever works for you.  At the moment I’m using a big read notepad, because I like writing in nice stationery.

Tracking, whichever way you do it, really focuses you, I record everything I eat in my notebook religiously and if I forget to take it with me, I use my phone as a notepad, I also sometimes take photos of my food.  I sometimes look back and find out what I did that worked so well and to find meal ideas when I’m not feeling inspired. I also write my thoughts down, and any notes I want to make. And as I said at the start of this blog, if I forget to fill it in one week then that's the week I usually gain weight. It’s not really that much trouble to write down what you eat, it’s no more effect that actually preparing it and eating it, is it?

By tracking you know exactly how many ProPoints you’ve eaten, that way if you go over, you’re not fooling anyone, especially not yourself.  So if you’ve not been tracking, give it a go.

I did manage to cook yesterday and ProPointed the recipe so that’s something, I made a lovely dish using potatoes, onions, sun dried tomatoes, courgettes, peppers and cheese, layered it all and put it in the oven, very tasty indeed, lots of my favourite foods all in one pot.
Well I better get going, got a meeting to organise.

xx

1 comment:

kath said...

"A tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind." That was a sign one of my workmates gave me years ago- only it got lost on my desk.
Kath