Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 18 August 2011

Enjoy the journey - it's all about you.

18th August 2011

A real friend never gets in your way--unless you happen to be on the way down. Dr. Wayne Dyer

I’d earned 11 activity ProPoints last night by the time I went to bed and walked 29,089 steps, almost 12 miles, and 5 of those I’d done before 7.30am!  I have to stay starting the day like that really boosts the energy levels for the rest of the day.  I remember walking up and thinking I wasn’t ready to get out of bed and couldn’t believe it was almost 5am, but I did and afterwards I was glad I did.

If you read my blog yesterday I talked about the word 'should'; losing that word from my vocabulary has helped me maintain my weight over the last seven years, yes I've gained and lost over that time but I've never lost the plot totally and regained all the weight because I've changed how I feel about myself.  These days I love me, so I don't diet to lose weight, I eat sensibly and healthy most of the time to take care of myself. Why - because I deserve it, I deserve to be taken care of and 'I' includes my body because without it I wouldn’t function so good?

How do you view your weight loss journey, is it something wonderful because it's improving how you look and feel or is it a terrible thing that's stopping you from overeating and punishing your body, and at the same time stopping you from making yourself look and feel worse than you do now. It's all a state of mind, a decision whether to se weight loss as a good or bad thing, something you ought to do or something you want to do.

And the more my members realise that its not about guilt, it’s not about being perfect and on track 100% focused all the time, the better they seem to do.  Obviously it’s great when my members lose weight, after all that’s my job to help them, but for me it’s also fantastic when one walks up to the scales and says, “I’m not going to lose I’ve been having too good a time, but it’s ok I’m back on track now”, and they do it with a smile on their face.  That approach to weight loss will get them all the way to goal.

New Weight Watcher bars were delivered yesterday, “Ginger & Dark Chocolate”, wow, now I was impressed so much so that I only gave mom one out of the box and ate the other four – oops they ended up being my lunch.  I did have a delicious tea though, toasted muffin  with a fried egg on served with lots of fried mushrooms it cost me 14pp because I used 5pp worth of I can’t believe it’s not butter light, and it was worth it they were delicious and I’d earned 11pp on that pedometer remember!  Guilt Free Grub, you can’t beat it.

If you haven’t already treated yourself to the latest Bev’s Bites please do, it’s only £1 and all the money goes to charity, if you can’t get to my meetings donate online http://www.justgiving.com/WeightWatcherWitches then email me and I’ll send you an electric copy, all the money is going to help build a new roof on my local hospice – a very worthy cause.  Trust me the recipe for Cheese and Bacon lasagne is worth a pound of anyone’s money.

Well it’s almost light outside so I’m off to walk Alfie, have a great day. xx

No comments: