Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 August 2011

Don't despair - repair xx

11th August 2011


Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. Storm Jameson

Great week in my meetings so far, 4 members have achieved their goal which is always fabulous and so much weight loss, 441lb already and we still have a day of weighing, it really is amazing how well all my members are doing.  I on the other hand have already used 42 of my weekly ProPoints so need to pull back and stop having those extra bits, like the slice of bread to mop up the delicious juices on my dinner!  Plus I need to start tracking as I have the food not the morning after like I’ve just done and nearly having a panic attack because I’ve almost used all my weeklies! 

Sometimes it’s important to acknowledge and ask yourself the question, “how much of a priority has weight loss been for you this week?”  And if it hasn’t acknowledge why not and then decide how will you make it a priority next week?  There are 52 weeks in the year and it’s unlikely that anyone can stay focused every on of those weeks, and it isn’t necessary.  We have holidays and we like to relax a little, we have stressful times in our lives when our eating habits are the last thoughts on our mind.  Permanent weight loss is more likely if you acknowledge these times and accept them, this way you don’t feel as if you’ve failed or let yourself down, you move on.

So if this week you haven’t been focused don’t despair, repair – don’t be NEG-agtive, be PRO-active.  Decide that you’re going to turn it around and then make a plan of how you are going to do that. 

My first move yesterday was going shopping and buying lots of fruit and vegetables so that I can cook some delicious low pointed foods, the fruit is to deter me from snacking on too much of the wrong stuff.  I eat when I’m stressed, so if it’s fruit it limits the damage.  Luckily for me the stress eating isn’t anywhere near what it used to be because as well as losing weight I’ve learned over the last 7 years to be more aware of my behaviour, I know acknowledge what I’m doing and sometimes that stops me doing it.  I’ve realised that eating isn’t a solution to my problems, it doesn’t make my life better but I still allow myself to indulge in a bout of emotional eating if I feel the need.

I LOVE FOOD; a member told me the other day that her daughter often remarks, “Oh mom, it’s just fuel for the body”.  Noooo, not in my world it isn’t, it’s so much more, food is delicious for starters, it’s a social thing – my friends and I share many good times over a good meal.  It’s a hobby, I love to cook and when I’m not cooking I love to read about cooking or think about what I can create next.  Food for me is a very passionate subject and eating is something that gives me enormous pleasure and I never want to lose that and the ProPoints plan means I don’t have too, I can combines the two.

So whatever place you’re in right now and how ever much of a priority weight loss has or hasn’t been for you this week, acknowledge it and decide where to go from here. xx

No comments: