Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Summer luvin

2nd August 2011
The people who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it the most. Peaceful Warrior

Sometimes you gotta have what you fancy, I had a delicious ham & roasted vegetable baguette with salad leaves for lunch yesterday 10pp, and then had a chicken burger and salad for my dinner, but because the rest of the baguette was in the kitchen I ended up going back and eating some of that to, so my day ended on 40pp meaning 11pp have got to come off my weekly which I’m supposed to be saving for Friday – DOH!  Can’t believe I forgot to wear my pedometer yesterday I must have earned about 8pp, walked Alfie twice and did lots of carrying boxes and unloading car, hey ho I’ve remembered to put it on today.

Oh yeah and I lost 2lb yesterday morning which means I’m now goal plus 5lb which if I was a paying member would mean I wasn’t paying anymore because we’re allowed +5lb over goal ;D and on 17th of August it will be 7 years since I reached my goal so can I lose 5lb in 15 days!  It’d be nice to but I won’t beat myself up if I don’t after all what’s the rush, yesterday I got in a dress I bought last year in the scale because it was such a bargain and it hasn’t fit me until now, so the five pound can come off in it’s own time, as long as it does.

Well it’s officially summer and the heat is on, don’t let the high temperatures get you down, you can still find plenty to enjoy. Here are a few ways to stay cool and stay inspired during the summer months.

Sitting up the garden tonight why not have a Zero ProPoint Strawberry Daiquiri and feel like you’re having a drink even if you’re not;
500 g Strawberries, stalks removed
300 ml Lemonade, Diet, chilled
60 ml Lime Juice, Fresh, (4 tbsp)
1 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener, powdered, or to taste (optional)

Reserve four strawberries for decoration, then put the remainder into a blender or food processor. Blend for about 20-30 seconds.  Pour the blended strawberries through a fine sieve to remove the pips. Chill.  Just before serving, stir the lemonade and lime juice into the blended strawberries. Add powdered sweetener, according to taste. Pour into 4 glasses and decorate with the reserved strawberries.

This stunning drink tastes every bit as good as it looks.  You could use one lemon instead of two limes, if you prefer. If you happen to add rum, don't forget to count the Pro Points. 

If you feel the need for alcohol after the day you’ve had why not pretend you’re still on holiday and have a glass of fruity sangria

Here is a revamped classic so you can enjoy its fruity flavours without its typical high-calorie content. Cool off with some today!
240 ml Wine, Red (5pp)
720 ml Cranberry Juice (PP depends on brand – you can get light versions)
285 g Strawberries, hulled and chopped
2 medium Apple, cored and chopped
1/8 teaspoons Cinnamon, or to taste

Stir together all ingredients in a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Place ice in glasses and serve.

I have to say I’ve been fancying white rather than red wine lately so I might make this to stretch it further;

Strawberry and Elderflower Summer Wine Cooler

300 g Strawberries, stalks removed
200 ml Elderflower Cordial
750 ml Wine, White, Medium, (1 medium bottle) chilled
500 ml Lemonade, Diet
8 sprig(s) Mint, Fresh, to decorate
1 handful of ice cubes


Puree the strawberries in a blender, or use a stick blender, if you have one. Strain the puree through a fine sieve into a large jug to remove the tiny pips.

Mix the elderflower cordial and white wine into the strawberry puree. Share this mixture between 8 glasses. Add a couple of ice cubes to each glass.

Top up each glass with the lemonade, then serve at once, decorated with a mint sprig.

It’s a good tip to chill the glasses in the freezer for about 15 minutes before making the drink to make sure it remains icy cold.

And how about making a tasty summer pudding for everyone to share;

Summer Berry Trifle

Place 75g broken sponge fingers in a large serving bowl and drizzle with 4 tbsp apple juice. Top with 450g mixed raspberries and strawberries, hulled and halved, and 110g blueberries. Pour over a 500g tub reduced fat custard and chill. Decorate with 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds before serving. Serves 6.

Ooo I don’t wanna go to work now, I fancy sitting up the garden with trifle and sangria, dream on, off to walk Alfie, enjoy your day. xx

No comments: