Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 4 July 2011

Change is guaranteed...

4th July 2011
You can't hear the world laughing at ya, if you’re laughing louder.  (Bobby – Cougar Town)

It’s warm this morning, just got back from walking Alfie and he’s thrown himself on the bathroom floor because it’s cold and the windows open. 

The only constant in life is change and my life changes a little from today, yes I go from Self Employed to Employed status today, still working for Weight Watchers of course.  It’ll take some getting used to, things such as all the paperwork is all different and the main thing I’ll be paid monthly not daily!  I don’t receive my first official pay packet until 25th August – oh dear me that’s 52 days away!  Hopefully that’ll mean I’ll lose weight as I’ll be a little bit skint - lol.

Change of any kind can be difficult, however I find that if you embrace it, it becomes easier to handle.  Weight loss involves a great deal of changing because you have to eat differently, yes you can still eat the foods you like but obviously something has to change otherwise you’re not going to lose weight.  This weeks meeting is focusing on lunchtimes, if there is one question I get asked regularly its ‘what can I have for lunch’. And it can be a tricky one to get right for several reasons. Firstly is the logistics – it has to fit in with your situation – at home, work, on the road, eating out – it also has to fit around when and where you can have it. Next challenge is how much to have – too little and you will be starving by the time your evening meal comes – too much and you wont have anything left for the evening. So don’t miss your meeting this week as we are going to look at lunches and how we can diversify and keep our lunches interesting whether at work, home or on the go.

And going back to being skint, sandwiches can be a very cost effective meal, as a loaf of bread is cheap in comparison to other things.   This weekends been the weather for a picnic and I’ve just noticed an article on the Weight Watchers website http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=30581 that’ll help you plan one for next weekend maybe or some time in the holidays, I know we are planning to have one or two when we have day trips, cheaper than eating at the cafes and fast food places.

Back to sandwiches, they can be interesting they don’t have to be the same thing day in, day out, so every day this week instead of a dodgy song title, I’ll give you a sandwich idea.  Today how about; 

Quickie Olive Tapenade
This chunky version of a tapenade has no added oil, but piled onto a chicken, prosciutto, or tuna salad sandwich, you won't even miss it.

Roughly chopping all the components with a knife gives them a wonderful texture, but if you prefer to use a food processor, process ingredients separately until coarsely chopped (do not mash to a paste!) and mix together in a bowl.

Easy prep: Chop 200g mixed pitted brine-cured olives and transfer to a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and freshly ground pepper over top of olives and stir to combine. Mix in 110g drained chopped roasted red peppers and 30g chopped fresh parsley. Stir in a dash of oregano and, if you like yours pungent, one minced clove garlic.

Nice, I love olives and I might just go and make that, I actually have most of the ingredients, I can live without the oregano.  I’m into the Kingsmill 50/50 bread too, it’s delicious, but two slices will set you back 5pp! 

If you have any great lunch ideas, let me know, either post on facebook page or email me. xx

No comments: