Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Scrumptious food & the scaryness of a carvery!

25th May 2011

You never fail at anything; just see it as a prelude to success!

Yesterday I put the finishing touches to my first week’s menu planner, this is obviously personalised to my tastes but if it helps you can see it here http://www.happyowls.co.uk/MealPlanWk1.html, I’ve even included a shopping list. I’m going to try and put together a month of plans this weekend to keep me focused. I’ve also been printing my favourite recipes out onto index cards and I’ve now got a ‘recipe box’ in my kitchen, how organised am I. I can build the contents of the box up over time and even stick magazine recipes straight to a card. NOW I just have to follow them and stick to the plan.

The beauty of the menu plan I’ve done is that I don’t have to eat a particular meal on any set day, I can mix and match because I have all the food in, so if I don’t fancy something I can have something else.

This week we’re looking at BBQ’s and how many ProPoints you can use up at one, and yesterday I was looking through the eating out guide as I was supposed to be having a carvery on Sunday, but after realising my usual choices on the plate would total around 47pp, I’ve decided gammon, egg and chips is a better option for 30pp. I was also supposed to be having lunch Friday and instead we’ve decided to take the dogs for a walk together, so that’s saved me a few ProPoints, who knows if I have my 49 weeklies intact come Sunday, I may go for the carvery. But instead of playing ignorant, I’m thinking about what may happen and planning, so that’s progress.

Had a lovely lunch yesterday, Princes stewed steak, potatoes and veggies for 11pp, delicious, and for dinner I had Potato Waffle Tuna Melts, OMG, delicious, for 14pp, which means I had 4pp left and I’d earned 5pp so I had myself a sneaky glass of red because I’d had fruit for breakfast at zero ProPoints.


Was pleased with myself last night, I wanted another glass of red because the first one had been so nice, but I resisted and held out until I went to bed, I know if I can get through a couple of weeks sticking to the plan, I’ll be okay, it’s just those first two weeks that make it difficult especially when you’ve gotten used to being a bit lapse with your food decisions. Having good food in the house has really helped me. What’s also helped me is thinking about what I can eat, coming up with ideas for different meals, as I know if I’m looking forward to eating my meal, I won’t have the desire to snack on junk food.

My next week’s plan has to have corned beef hash on it, I just loved that the last time I made it, and also Pork lasagne the recipe for that is in Seriously Satisfying and on page 18 of Simply Enjoy is Souffled cheese on toast which looks lush and only takes 15 minutes, I might have that today actually, it’s not on my meal list but I have the ingredients and instead of bread I’ll use up the warburtons sandwich thins which will go out of date if I don’t use them soon. Then there’s crispy potato and meatball pan fry on page 62 – WOW that looks scrumptious.

See this is why I need a plan because there’s so much choice in the world and I want to try it all, I even found a recipe for Ham and Egg cobbler in this weeks Aldi leaflet that I need to ProPoint up to see if I can have that because it looks yummy, I’ll sure it’ll be within reach and I promise to share the recipe with you.

Anyway before I start eating my own desk! I better get the dog out on his walk, lots to do this morning before my meeting.

Have a delicious day ;D xx

If you’re reading this blog and would like it emailed to your inbox daily, just send me a message info@happyowls.co.uk and I’ll add you to the distribution list.

No comments: