Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 May 2011

7th May 2011

The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. Sonya Friedman.

Mom showed me her copy of the Daily Mail yesterday and according to an article on page 21 one in six women say they would rather be blind than obese, a survey has found. This information makes me sad, very sad indeed. If I had the power to do just one thing with my life it would be to make women realise that they are gorgeous whatever they weigh and that they can have a fulfilling, happy life too.

That’s one of the reasons I’ve created my www.happyowls.co.uk website which I’m still putting together.  So what is an Happy Owl, I am for starters, I'm a Happy Over Weight Lady, that doesn't mean I don't take care of myself or want to look and feel my best, it means that I refuse to beat myself up because I enjoy good food and wine, and find it difficult to indulge in those things and maintain what the official BMI chart tells me is an healthy weight.  My website will hopefully make people realise you can love yourself and be happy too - whatever you weigh and by doing that you’re more likely to get to your goal weight!
Choose to be healthy and happy whatever your size. Don’t let a set of scales dictate your mood! I don’t.

Why not from today decide to take care of the most important person in your life – YOU!

I’ve got an idea why not go on a date with yourself ;-) Yeah you read it right, pencil in some ‘you time’ and do something you really enjoy. I realise a lot of you feel guilty or selfish when you do nice things for yourself, but I have to admit when I do nice things for myself, I find that I’m more balanced and able to offer the best version of myself to the people around me. Fridays tend to be my ‘Me Time’ once I’ve finished my paperwork and my treat of choice is usually a massage, but sometimes it’s a long bath and a good book whilst drinking a fine glass of wine. So what could you do on your date, or if you haven’t got time for a date just choose one activity, here are some suggestions;

- Garden
- Pick or buy some fresh flowers
- Curl up in a blanket with a good book or a journal
- Manicure/pedicure
- Read a magazine or a trashy novel
- Have ten minutes with a crossword or puzzle book
- Play a computer game
- Buy yourself a present
- Have a long bath or a sauna at the gym
- Watch reruns of your favourite show
- Go to the movies
- Call a friend for a natter
- Go for a drive in the countryside or even a walk
- Clean out your closet – throw away those clothes your never gonna get into
- Listen to music
- Mediate
- Enjoy your hobby – knitting, scrapbooking

The list is endless because it depends on what you enjoy doing. Don’t let food be your only source of pleasure as this will get you into trouble, finding enjoyment elsewhere allows food to fulfil its main role as a source of nourishment, while still providing you with joy and fun.

Having said all that I have an appointment for some me time in a short time I’m off to have my hair done, and then I’m off with the girls for a giggle at the Glee Club tonight. Today’s a good day, hope yours is too. Xx

No comments: