Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 May 2011

3rd May 2011

Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is. Will Rogers

Well I’ve had an unexpected wonderfully relaxing weekend away with my mom, the internet connection was none existent so I wasn’t able to email. We went to Beaminster in Dorset which is about 8 miles from the coast. We stayed at www.greenscrossfarm.co.uk/ thanks to my wonderful friend Jill who couldn’t make it so asked if mom and me would like it and we did. It was just what the doctor ordered for mom, some fresh air and lots of sitting around watching the world go by. We watched deer from the cottage and me and Alfie had a couple of lovely long country walks.

We also ate too much junk food which means I’m now ready to eat healthy again, I’m actually craving salad, which is always a bonus. I realised I’m not as fit as I have been, I struggled up those country hills, so I’ve also decided to get fitter too. I’ll start taking Alfie hillwalking at the weekends, he’s old enough now to take on longer walks. This ties in with Weight Watchers Get Active! month which started Sunday, Weight Watchers wants to inspire you to get moving for your weight loss and your well being – and if you’re currently not active, walking is the perfect place to start. It can be fitted in any time that suits you, you don’t have be fit and it doesn’t require any special equipment. Even so, walking – like other activities – helps to increase the number of calories you burn. And since the ProPoints plan is designed to create a calorie deficit for weight loss, being active is the most important thing you can do alongside sticking to your ProPoints budget.

As you know I walk for an hour every morning with Alfie, so now it’s time to progress and add some hills into the mix to get me fitter and also it will be lovely to walk in the countryside at weekends, we have such a beautiful country and a lot of it is quite close, Cannock chase, the Wrekin, The Long Mynd to name just a few.

I also read something, somewhere the other day that doing activity outdoors had been proven to have better results, so that’s worth a shot. In addition I’ve ordered a Yogalosophy dvd which I read about in this month issue of the Weight Watchers magazine so when that comes I’ll try and get a bit more stretchy and bendy too ;-)

Long weekends always make me feel like I don’t know whether I’m coming or going on the Tuesday morning, hopefully that will pass once I’ve walked the dog and I’ll be in full swing for yet another short week and we’re only a few weeks away from yet another Bank Holiday!

How was your week?

Did you have a fabulous time but not do so well with your weight loss efforts?

Did you have a rubbish week but you’ve done amazingly well with your weight loss efforts?

OR did you have a fabulous time and you did amazingly well with your weight loss efforts too?

Whichever it was, today’s a fresh day, hopefully the sun will shine again, the sunrise is looking positive, get outside and enjoy the fresh air. xx

No comments: