Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 April 2011

7th April 2011

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month!

Had an expensive day yesterday, went for an eye check because you’re supposed to go every two years, and apparently my distance vision is no longer 100% and I need glasses just for night driving, and even after I picked a cheapish pair of frames the bill still came to £142 with the cost of the eye test – ouch! Good job I didn’t have to have reading glasses too. Picking a pair was almost impossible as they all looked the same to me, too small, I wanted big glasses like shades but apparently the don’t do them ;D

After the meeting a few weeks ago about finding ‘time for me’, I’m trying to do just that, so yesterday, I took Alfie for a second walk to clear my head between meetings, and also sat down and had half hour reading my book, plus I turned my phone off about 8.15pm to stop me continuing to work on my emails and on facebook etc, and it’s helping me chill out before bedtime for sure.

Anyhow had chicken and chips with gravy and green beans for my lunch, you don’t get many chips do you, 200g of Aunt Bessies frozen chips are 7pp, I weighed them on my WW scales and did you know that Weight Watchers oven chips work out at 10pp for 200g and Aunt Bessie taste much nicer. The chicken in gravy was a microwave pack from Co-op which was 5pp for ½ pack, Alfie got to eat the other half with me, they’re on offer 2 for £7 at the moment.


I’m into fish at the moment because not only is it fabulous value for ProPoints, it’s really tasty too, and also very good for you. Today I’ve got cod to cook for my lunch, cod is so versatile, yet it usually ends up deep-fried in batter or covered in breadcrumbs, I do my best to avoid both of these methods. Instead look for the ways in which fresh white fish can be cooked without loading on more calories, these include baking, steaming or even microwaving. Cod is a particularly good source of the mineral magnesium, which regulates the adrenal glads and helps control metabolism. It also has very low salt levels compared to most other fish and of course it’s a great source of protein. This is how I plan to cook mine today;

Cod Steaks with Honey and Mustard

ProPoints® Value: 6
Servings: 2
Preparation Time: 14 min
Cooking Time: 6 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy





Brush this marinade on to your favourite fish to liven it up instantly. Serve with fresh green vegetables or a salad and jacket potatoes.

350 g Fish, Cod, Raw, 2 x 175g (6 oz each)
2 teaspoons Honey, clear (level)
1 tablespoons Mustard, Wholegrain (level)
30 ml Wine, White, Medium, (2 tbsp)
2 teaspoons Oil, Olive

• Preheat the grill to a moderate setting. Line the grill rack with a piece of kitchen foil. Mix the marinade ingredients (honey through olive oil) together.
• Brush the cod steaks with the marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, basting them frequently.

Mmm, I’m hungry now, but first I need to walk Alfie and do some work.

Enjoy your day. xx

No comments: