Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 April 2011

19th April 2011

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mom’s finally on the mend I think, well she was out of bed and moaning yesterday so that’s a relief, she still isn’t right but it’s a vast improvement on how she was, thank goodness.

I was really impressed by on of my member last night, well done to Judith for achieving her goal proving that age is nothing but a number and that with a strong mind you can still take care of yourself even when there are lots of other things in your life causing you stress. Xx

When I drove home last night it was great to see so many people out walking, enjoying the fresh air and making the most of the lighter nights.

Standing at the scales weighing people can sometimes have a bad influence on my diet, how? Well you all tell me what you’ve eaten, especially the stuff you think you shouldn’t have! I then stand there think, ‘ooo I could just eat that’ and sometimes I actually have it! Last night it was chips, I just fancied yellow chips, but instead of buying a bag on the way home, I went for oven chips from the freezer instead and I had them with backed beans. Now normally I would have had about 200g worth for 7pp but I emptied the bag thinking mom might be tempted when she saw them – she wasn’t, so I ended up eating 14pp worth and 5pp of beans, hey ho, that’s what the weekly allowance is for, plus I earned 9pp on my pedometer.

It’s a good thing allowing myself to eat anything I want, when I want, it sometimes means I eat odd meals at strange times, for example I had a chicken dinner Saturday morning at 9.30am! But it has helped me to regulate my weight over the last 12 months, rather than the constant yo-yo dieting of the past that I was trapped in, I’d gain a stone, and then lose a stone. Now my guidelines to myself are as below and if you think you would like to have a go at following them, why not either print them off and sign it, to make a promise to yourself, better still go and log onto my website and sign the guestbook on there to say you agree to give it your best shot http://www.happyowls.co.uk/promise.html;

Are you ready to start being a truly Happy Owl, to stop judging yourself for what you weigh? Below are the promises I've made to myself and so far they've helped me keep smiling and doing what I feel is best for me. Have a read and if you think you would like to try a new approach, then sign then below to seal your promise. xx

As a Happy Owl (OverWeight Lady (or Lad)) I will always do my best to;
- Eat when I’m hungry
- Choose the foods my body & mind ask for
- Give the food the attention it deserves whilst I’m eating
- Enjoy everything I eat
- Stop when I’m satisfied and full
- Find a way to get my body moving that I enjoy
- Love, respect and take care of my body

Signature:

Date:

Don’t get me wrong the above is not a license to binge or overindulge all the time, because by doing that you wouldn’t be doing the last point,” love, respect and take care of my body”. If you feed your body well with foods that are good for you and foods that you enjoy, you’re body starts to work better which encourages you to start moving more in a way that you enjoy. With me that’s walking my dog every morning and sometimes in the afternoons too. It’s my ‘me time’, I know it’s not high impact activity, but it’s enough for me.

So here’s something for you to think about, do you want to spend the rest of your life at war with your body, refusing to give it what it craves and needs because you are striving to be a certain weight or is it time to get to know your body and to start to love, nourish and take care of it. If you do the latter, weight loss usually becomes a side-effect!

Have a tremendous tasty Tuesday xx

No comments: